DescriptionIn 1999, a great scientist named Kio Marv invented "oilix", a special petroleum-purifying substance that was supposed to help in the upcoming oil crisis. Shortly after the invention became known in the world, Dr. Marv was abducted. An investigation showed that he was held captive in Zanzibar Land, an isolated state in Central Asia which was ruled by a group of mercenaries from all around the world. Having oilix in addition to nuclear weapons are bound to Zanzibar an invincible state that would sooner or later attempt to conquer the entire world. Roy Campbell, ex-commander of special unit FOXHOUND, sends Solid Snake, the man who has single-handedly brought down the military nation of Outer Heaven four years ago, on a mission to infiltrate Zanzibar and to bring back the scientist and his invention.
Like its predecessor, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is a stealth game. The driving element of the gameplay is to stay unnoticed. If guards spot you, you don't have much chance in combat, unless you are armed with appropriate weapons, which aren't easily acquired. Snake can use a variety of weapons and gadgets to help him survive during his mission. He can also hide behind objects, punch guards, and crawl. From time to time he'll have to participate in boss battles, where stealth won't help any more.
There are no promo images for this game
- "ソリッドスネークメタルギア２" -- Japanese Kanji title
Part of the Following Groups
- Games with manual lookup copy protection
- Games with original fan translations into English
- Metal Gear series
- Protagonist: Mullet haircut
- Setting: Future now Past
|What was that noise?||Adzuken (861)|
|The best 2D Metal Gear game||Chris Jeremic (160)|
|GamesCollection||May 27, 2014||8.5 out of 10||85|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Western releaseThis game, together with the MSX version of Metal Gear is featured on the extra disc of the Limited Edition of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. It's the first official translation from Japanese.
Related Web Sites
- JUNKER HQ (This fansite is dedicated to the games produced and/or designed by Hideo Kojima and contains all kinds of trivia, artwork, plot summaries, discussion forums and more.)
- Metal Gear Solid: The Unofficial Site (A fansite that contains information about the whole Metal Gear franchise, including galleries, interviews, downloadable content and discussion boards.)