🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Turok: Dinosaur Hunter > Neat!

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 9/4/2010 11:15 PM · Permalink · Report

I looked at the scan of the cartridge, and I think it's the same one I bought today.

It even has the same fade spot on the lable in the exact same place, and the same numbers on the bottom of lable! There's no small tear on the top over the "T", but I think it's the same one. It would be cool if it was. A existential contact with another person in time. Preserved in his time with a scan, and and preserved in my time in my game box. It makes me wonder how it made it's way up here. I think the user who submitted was from Tenessee. Possibly somebody who was on vacation bought it, brought it here, and exchanged hands until it found mine.

Like the alt-text says, Surrounded by boring mysteries. 8)

Adzuken (836) on 9/5/2010 2:02 AM · Permalink · Report

Er, I guess it could be the same cartridge, but the reasons you stated aren't really proof of that. The numbers on all North American Turok cartridges are the same. Also, if you're talking about the "fade spot" behind the raptor's head, that's actually part of the cover art.

Ooh, I hope I didn't burst your bubble. It still could be the same cartridge, you never know. I once received an NES cartridge in the mail from the U.S. that had a sticker on it from my local game store. I thought that was pretty cool.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 9/5/2010 12:20 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Adzuken wrote--]Er, I guess it could be the same cartridge, but the reasons you stated aren't really proof of that. The numbers on all North American Turok cartridges are the same. Also, if you're talking about the "fade spot" behind the raptor's head, that's actually part of the cover art.

Ooh, I hope I didn't burst your bubble. It still could be the same cartridge, you never know. I once received an NES cartridge in the mail from the U.S. that had a sticker on it from my local game store. I thought that was pretty cool. [/Q --end Adzuken wrote--]

I didn't know that. Still, it was nice to think that it was the same one for a while. Boring mystery solved. 8)