1 out of 2 people found this review helpfulwrite a review of this game
read more reviews by Ian Dawson
read more reviews for this game
SummaryTurok: Dinosaur Hunter is just plain fun!
The Good- Turok is filled with pure unadulterated, Doom-like fun. Shooting dinosaurs and bad guys is just a blast, and keeps you pumped up.
- For 1997, the graphics in this game are excellent. At the time, most first-person shooters were Doom clones. There was Quake, but that was only on the PC when Turok was released.
- The atmosphere in this game is excellent, and so is the music. You really do get the "jungle" feeling.
- You are a magical Native American who yells "I AM TUROK!" Can we just appreciate that?
The Bad- The platforming segments in this game are often tedious to play. This is because, in my opinion, controls for first-person shooters on the N64 are dated and a little difficult to work easily, and makes it hard to platform freely.
- Fog effects everywhere!
- Boss battles, or just battles against bigger enemies, are a little underwhelming.
* Not a complaint from me, but the game is very repetitive. This is fine by me, and actually adds to the fun in my opinion, but I can definitely see why others would find this to be a problem.