🐳 Check out #guessing-game in our Discord to play a new game that uses our database of screenshots!

atari adventure
Written by  :  ashley clifford (3)
Written on  :  Jul 17, 2006
Platform  :  NES
Rating  :  3.25 Stars3.25 Stars3.25 Stars3.25 Stars3.25 Stars

read more reviews by ashley clifford

Summary

So difficult!

The Good

The challenge. Some games are too easy and too hokey. As much as I hate to say it, take Super Mario Brothers 3. But this posed a genuine challenge, definitely a game way ahead of it's time.

The Bad

The snake level. So frustrating! Also, the speed at which some of the screens move, like in Level 3, the "Turbo Tunnels". I don't know if it's just me, but my eyes can't LOOK that fast let alone process what's going on! The music when you pause the game isn't exactly a toe tapping jam either.

The Bottom Line

If you like a good challenge, I'd pick up Battletoads, it's good exercise for your reflexes and it makes you think. I currently have the game on pause because I need a break from it! It's about 4:16AM and I've been playing since about 10:30PM- and I'm in the last level of the "snake pit". Most people have told me that this game is "unbeatable", even more so by a girl. I don't see what that has to do with anything, but I'm still going to try my hardest to at least come as close as I can!

atari mania