Not an American user?
DescriptionDuck Tales for NES is a traditional platform game in which the player takes the role of greedy Scrooge McDuck in search of treasures around the globe. He counts on his three nephews and on other Duck Tales characters to help him in his quest through inhospitable places such as the Amazon rainforest, the African mines, the Himalayas, Transylvania (where he meets Dracula Duck) and even the Moon.
Each one of them reserves the old duck lots of adventure, different enemies and hidden rooms.
The game features a 2D side-scrolling platform gameplay very similar to Mega Man. Graphics are colorful and cartoonish, music is reminiscent of the TV series, and controls are very simple.
There are no promo images for this game
- "わんぱくダック夢冒険" -- Japanese spelling
- "Wanpaku Duck Yume Bouken" -- Japanese title
- "Disney's DuckTales: La Bande à Picsou" -- French title
Part of the Following Groups
- Animals: Ducks
- Disney's Duck Tales games
- Gameplay feature: Multiple endings
- Genre: Hop and Bop Platformer
- Inspiration: TV cartoons
- Protagonist: Treasure hunter
- Setting: Earth's Moon
- Walt Disney games
|A great game released even before the beginning of such strict control of Disney products.||Mumm-Ra (410)||unrated|
|Capcom does it again.||Crazy Horse (12)|
|One of the weirdest sidescrollers I have ever seen||Asinine (1006)|
|Defunct Games||Feb 25, 2012||A||100|
|1UP!||Aug 19, 2005||94 out of 100||94|
|Retro Game Reviews||Jan 13, 2017||90|
|Mean Machines||Mar, 1991||90 out of 100||90|
|Nintendo Power Magazine||Jul, 1989||4 out of 5||80|
|Jeuxvideo.com||May 13, 2011||16 out of 20||80|
|Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM)||Jan, 1990||32 out of 40||80|
|The Video Game Critic||Jul 13, 2013||B||75|
|Video Games||Feb, 1992||72 out of 100||72|
|neXGam||2002||6.4 out of 10||64|
There are currently no topics for this game.
North American versionTo comply with Nintendo's censorship policies, the North American release was changed so that the crosses on the tombstones in one level said "RIP".
Related Web Sites
- Howard & Nester do Duck Tales (A regular feature in Nintendo Power magazine, Howard & Nester was a comic strip about two game whizzes who would one-up each other, while disclosing hints and tips, in the settings of various recently-released games for the NES platform. In the November/December 1989 two-page installment, Howard frees Nester from the wrong side of a wall on the Moon by summoning Roboduck (... indicating that the comic author only played the prototype, before Roboduck was given his correct name, "Gizmo Duck", back.) All this without infringing on any Disney intellectual properties, using generic ducks.)
Mumm-Ra (410) added Disney's DuckTales (NES) on Mar 09, 2003
Other platforms contributed by Ben K (23897)