Written by  :  Ryan Johnson (4)
Written on  :  Aug 23, 2005
Platform  :  NES

read more reviews by Ryan Johnson

Summary

One of the great arcade ports.

The Good

SkyKid was a very fun game; it is so funny to crash all over the place. The game is much more fun with a friend because of its good laughs you get from it, like when you dodge the kamikazes (suicide planes) and they crash into the ground or each other, and a funny thing you can do with a friend is keep shooting him until he crashes into a plane or tree (because when you shoot teammate he spins in place and can't move).

The graphics are pretty good for the game style even though the planes look small and dorky. The game allows to do maneuvers to avoid planes or make them crash into each other or dodge enemy fire.

The Bad

The one thing I didn't like about the game is how it only had one song.

The Bottom Line

This game is basically about dropping the bomb on your target, either buildings or warships, etc. The game is very simple and fun at the same time. Although it is set during World War I, bombing the Axis Powers, you forget all about it when you are playing, which means it grabs you and won't let you stop going at it just one more time.

I recommend this game to all ages and is fun for some OLD SCHOOL multiplayer.