Forums > Game Forums > Pokémon Diamond Version > Global trading bozos

Joshua J. Slone (4666) on 6/20/2007 2:32 AM · Permalink · Report

Being able to trade through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection makes it much easier to collect the hundreds of Pokémon available in this game, but it would be a lot easier if there were more options and less bozos. It's still a net positive to the game, and whenever I write a review of this game I won't want to rant about it to such a degree there, so here goes.

When you go online, you can look for a certain type of Pokémon, and it will give you a few trade offers people have left, though it surely isn't listing anywhere near all of them. The problem is that the majority of offers are absolutely ridiculous and a waste of time to look at, regardless of what the creature is. Look for one of the most common monsters in the game like Bidoof, and without fail there will be several results asking for extremely rare (usually one-of-a-kind per game) Pokémon at high levels in exchange for their level 3 Bidoof.

In my dream, the solution would be that when someone tried to put up such an offer, it would give them a message like "NO! IDIOT! NO NO NO!", but I know that's not happening. I hope in the future trade features like this are given a few more options. Scrolling through a few dozen offers rather than randomly giving me ~5 would be nice. Limiting it to only offers I could actually go through with might be nice. Or maybe a reverse search, where I could search for people who want a particular type, and see what they're offering in return.

Matt Neuteboom (976) on 6/21/2007 4:36 AM · Permalink · Report

And then there's this

DJP Mom (11333) on 6/21/2007 5:07 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Matt Neuteboom wrote--]And then there's this [/Q --end Matt Neuteboom wrote--]

What a couple of great finds!

Responsible Pyromaniac on 6/21/2007 11:48 AM · Permalink · Report

I just read that the other night. funny as hell. I love "switchblade I choose you!". I wish I could find an excuse to use that in RL