DescriptionA year has passed since Cate Archer foiled the plans of the terrorist organization known as H.A.R.M. The tension between USA and the Soviet Union has increased, and the two powers quarrel over a tiny, but strategically important island of Khios. Cate is once again recruited by the secret British organization UNITY, whose goal is to avert international conflicts and preserve the world peace. As Cate is sent to investigate a secret meeting, she meets new and old villains who, once again, won't stop until she is out of their way to world domination.
No One Lives Forever 2 is the sequel to The Operative: No One Lives Forever, casting the player as the super-spy Cate Archer in the 1960's. As in the first game, many different weapons and items are available to Cate, from pistols to automatic weapons, as well as her trusty lipstick bomb and other gadgets. The sequel introduces new weapons and gadgets, such as eye shadow that doubles as a tazer, a robotic bomb disguised as a kitten, and others. The game enhances the light role-playing angle from the original, as the player is now able to gather intelligence and upgrade Cate's sneaking and shooting abilities as well as equipment.
The sequel retains the humorous tone of its predecessor and takes the player to various exotic locations such as Japan, India, and a trailer park in Ohio during a tornado. Players may also go online and engage in deathmatch or cooperative mode, teaming up against the enemy.
- "无人永生2" -- Simplified Chinese spelling
- "Никто не живет вечно 2: С.Т.Р.А.Х. ВОЗВРАЩАЕТСЯ" -- Russian spelling
- "Wu Ren Yong Sheng 2" -- Simplified Chinese title
- "No One Lives Forever 2: Szpieg na tropie ugrupowania H.A.R.M." -- Polish title
- "No One Lives Forever 2: Le C.R.I.M.E est éternel" -- French title
- "No One Lives Forever 2: Agentin in geheimer Mission" -- German title
- "NOLF2" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Lithtech Jupiter
- BestSeller Series (Cendant / Havas / Vivendi Universal) releases
- Characters: Clowns, Mimes, and Harlequins
- Games with downloadable official map/level editors
- Games with officially released source code
- Games with official modding tools
- No One Lives Forever series
- Protagonist: Female
- Setting: 1960s
- Setting: Indian
- Software Pyramide releases
- Theme: Ninjas
|You are losing the swing Cate!!||Windows||Zovni (10627)|
|The "Shagadellic" is missing in this one||Windows||Sam Hardy (82)|
|Mostly H.A.R.M.less||Windows||Terrence Bosky (5458)|
|A worthy sequel.||Windows||kbmb (435)|
|Who's Up For A Round Of NOLFING?||Windows||MasterMegid (902)|
|Rewarding, but not as good as the original.||Windows||Scott Monster (1009)|
|New adventures of the great Cate Archer||Windows||Emepol (1558)|
|UOL Jogos||Windows||Feb 04, 2003||100|
|Inside Mac Games (IMG)||Macintosh||Oct 09, 2003||9.5 out of 10||95|
|GameZone||Windows||Oct 17, 2002||9.5 out of 10||95|
|Gaming Nexus||Windows||Oct 19, 2002||A-||91|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Windows||Jan 06, 2003||18 out of 20||90|
|LudoMac||Macintosh||Dec 14, 2003||9 out of 10||90|
|ActionTrip||Windows||Oct 07, 2002||89 out of 100||89|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Windows||Oct 17, 2002||85 out of 100||85|
|Nerikes Allehanda||Windows||Nov 02, 2002||80|
|PCMag.com||Windows||Jan 01, 2003||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesNo One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
German versionThere are a few changes when playing with German language settings: All blood, death cries and the sound after using the katana were removed. Additionally enemies can't be set on fire and killed enemies transform into backpacks. A detailed list of changes can be found on schnittberichte.com (German).
ServersThe official Sierra game servers were shut down on 1st November 2008.
WeaponsThe Gordon SMG, the standard weapon of H.A.R.M. minions, is actually a Sterling SMG with a collapsed stock. It is a British weapon, which replaced aging Sten SMGs and it is still being used in some parts of the world (namely the Jamaican armed forces).
- Computer Games Magazine
- March 2003 (No. 148) - Game of the Year (Co-Winner)
- 2002 – PC Game of the Year
- 2002 – Best Music of the Year (PC)
- 2002 – Quote of the Year (for a tape recording of Melvin Blitzny)
- Golden Joystick Awards
- 2003 - Unsung Hero Game of the Year (Runner-up to Viewtiful Joe)
Related Web Sites
Windows Credits (188 people)
100 developers, 88 thanks
Geoff Bent, Scott Carroll, Michael Graham, Jennifer Johnson, Cris Lee, Jonathan Masterson, William Pamier, Denise Pater, Luke Thai, Hal Zabie, Terrance BrantLocalization Manager:
Eric Asevo, Steven Bersch, Peter Cesario, Lindsey Fischer, Ivo Gerscovich, Greg Goodrich, Tim Hall, Tim Harrison, Michael Heilemann