DescriptionThis is mostly the parody of Gradius (Nemesis on some systems), with some flavor from other shoot-em-ups, like Twinbee. The series is available on numerous platforms.
The game is a right-to-left scrolling shoot-em-up. You can choose from 4 different flying creatures, with different weapons. You must finish 7 stages, each having a boss at the end. You may start at either one, but must complete every level to advance to the final stage.
There are no promo images for this game
- "パロディウスだ! 神話からお笑いへ" -- Japanese SNES spelling
- "Parodius: Non-Sense Fantasy" -- European SNES title
- "Parodius Da!" -- Alternate title
- "Parodius 1" -- Informal title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Video Game Den||TurboGrafx-16||Jul 16, 2010||100|
|Joystick (French)||TurboGrafx-16||Apr, 1992||93 out of 100||93|
|1UP!||SNES||May 16, 2006||91 out of 100||91|
|All Game Guide||TurboGrafx-16||1998||90|
|Power Play||SNES||Sep, 1992||90 out of 100||90|
|Play Time||SNES||1993||88 out of 100||88|
|Power Unlimited||SNES||Nov, 1993||8.2 out of 10||82|
|Nintendo Life||SNES||Aug 07, 2010||80|
|Play Time||NES||Oct, 1992||80 out of 100||80|
|Ultimate Nintendo: Guide to the NES Library||NES||2016||80|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Isn't the MSX version a different game?||2||Terok Nor (26757)
Nov 19, 2010
European versionThere are a few changes in the European SNES version:
- During the intro, a cigarette was removed
- In the Japanese version, the clown enemies in stage two have a Christian cross. This was changed to a wind-up key.
- A background picture of a naked woman in level three, a parody of The Birth of Venus, was removed.
- The licking animations of the stage three bosses were removed.
- The bunny costumes and ears of female enemies in stage seven were removed.
- Power Play
- Issue 02/1993 – #2 Best SNES Game in 1992
- Issue 02/1993 – #2 Best Handheld Game in 1992