DescriptionRace Formula-1 in several tracks while trying to beat a computer, or human opponent. Pay attention to your fuel and tires: It will be necessary to drive into a pitstop to swap them out and refuel. Tire damage is indicated by their colour; they start off black and become lighter as they take damage. Once they have turned white a collision will send the car off the track.
Six different tracks are available to race on including Brands Hatch and Vallelunga. Tracks can be played singly, or all together in a Grand Prix contest. When playing the Grand Prix this is scored in the same way as the real contest. Players can select how many laps they want to race and 3 different skill levels.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for the PC Booter release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
- ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)
- February 1991 (issue #41) - Included in the list Greatest Games of all Time, section Racing Games (editorial staff choice)
- Commodore Force
- December 1993 (Issue 13) – #75 “Readers' Top 100”
- Commodore Format
- May 1991 (Issue 8) - listed in the A to Z of Classic Games article (Great)
- Happy Computer
- Issue 02/1986 - #8 Best Game in 1985 (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- AtariMania (Epyx, USA, Atari 8-bit) (For Atari 8-bit: game entry database; downloadable release; game packaging; advertisement; manuals; magazine reviews; additional material.)
- AtariMania (Rushware, Germany, Atari 8-bit) (For Atari 8-bit: game entry database; downloadable release; game packaging; advertisement; manuals; magazine reviews; additional material.)
- Cambridge Centre for Computing History (Epyx, C64) (For Commodore 64, 5.25" floppy disk: exhibit reference ID CH17933; additional material.)
- Commodore 64 Boxed Sets (For C64: game packaging digitalisations. Include box, manual, brochure, additional material.)
- DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS (Compatibility information page about the original game and its DOSBox versions. )
- Lemon 64 (For Commodore 64: game entry database; advertisement; magazine reviews; music; documentation; cover art; additional material.)
- Metacritic (iOS) (For iOS: reviews; ratings; critics; trailers; additional material.)
- Metacritic (Wii) (For Wii: reviews; ratings; critics; trailers; additional material.)
- Replacementdocs (C64, Manual) (Documentation for Commodore 64.)
- The Epyx Shrine (Read an interview about Pitstop 2 with Stephen H. Landrum and learn about the all different Pitstop 2 versions)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Encyclopaedic entry for combined platforms.)