🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Tales of the Unknown: Volume I - The Bard's Tale > What advntages does the Hunter class have?

Scribblemacher (195) on 2/14/2013 1:11 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm player the NES version, and I can't really find a reason to use the hunter class. I've read several guides that suggest using one, but not why. To me, they seem identical to warriors, but they can use less equipment. The manual just says "he's a master tactician" (how so?).

Is there a feature of this class that is perhaps not obvious at first glance?

Game Guesser (28) on 2/17/2013 1:44 PM · Permalink · Report

The ability cited for the Hunter in other versions (and apparently present in the NES version) is that they can perform critical hits that instantly kill enemies, and that the rate at which they do this grows as they level up. However, only the third game explicitly shows you what their critical hit rate is.

It sounds like a rather useful ability, although perhaps not an essential one (I'm not very familiar with the series). I suppose it's up to you whether you use it. I looked at a few Japanese fan sites, but while the ability of the Hunter to perform critical hits is noted, I didn't find any hard stats. I suppose the only concrete way of finding out would be to use an NES emulator that can watch memory functions, then check your Hunter's stats as they level up...