Forums > Game Forums > WarCraft: Orcs & Humans > Demo's Third Level?

Robert Classified (2) on 5/30/2007 5:47 AM · Permalink · Report

All hail!

It has been many years since I played the Warcraft Demo. The first level was easy. The second was tricky. And the third? Well - I always assumed the third was impossible.

You start with a handfull of men and are told to defend the village until help arrives.

Instantly you are attacked from all corners by at least double (from memory) the men you start with.

I managed to get one of my men to run away, but he was purshued. He ran all over the map - but he couldnt survive forever - and he was eventually caught and killed.

Is there any way to pass that level?

Was I a noob and had no idea how to play - or was it an impossible quest?

If you know either way, please let me know.

Joshua J. Slone (4666) on 5/30/2007 6:18 AM · Permalink · Report

Hah. It's been many years since I played this as well, but I remember this. I, too, assume it's meant to be an impossible mission as a way to end the demo. However, I believe most of the game's codes worked on the demo as well, so I think I did survive it that way.

Indra was here (20756) on 5/30/2007 3:56 PM · Permalink · Report

Don't know about the demo, but considering a lot of us already finished the game. May probably just be a demo thing.

Robert Classified (2) on 5/31/2007 5:06 AM · Permalink · Report

Yeah - I knew it wasnt a general thing - the game is completeable (although I have never done it personally).

In the game - do you ever get given a mission where you have to defend a town until reinforcements arrive? If this mission is truely impossible (without cheating) then it wont be in the full game. But I dont know - there might have been a legit way to survive.

I'll have to try and track down the demo and give it another go.