DescriptionThe Playroom VR is a free set of mini-games for the PlayStation VR headset, featuring same bots from The Playroom that came out with PS4 and focused only on AR (Augmented Reality) gameplay using the PlayStation Camera. After you launch the fireworks which in turn create main menu with selectable mini-games, you can just look at the game you with to launch which will first get you through a basic controls tutorial since each of the mini-games are different in gameplay and support different number of players.
The mini-games include:
- Wanted! - A western style shooter where you play the sheriff. Upon entering the saloon you will soon notice the badguy you need to arrest. But after each arrest the characters shuffle around and badguy no longer becomes obvious. Making three mistakes to identify the badguy will get you killed with the same kind of toy pistol you use to fire projectiles.
- Cat and Mouse - It's a jump-scare type of game where you are a cat and are trying to scare the mice. You can prowl behind the curtain and observe mice shadows trying to steal the food and then jump-scare them. There's also a little doggie in the picture who likes like to lick everything, and when he spots you, he'll lick the entire VR screen, namely the player.
- Robots Rescue - This is the only game where you control a character from a 3rd-person perspective. While you are a mother-bot trying to collect all the bots and fight creatures trying to prevent you from saving them, with analogue controller you control a single hero bot that is looking for his brethren and can fight enemies. The PS4 controller is visible on the screen and you can use it to launch ropes, pull down obstacles, and collect missing bots.
- Monster Escape - This game puts you in the role of a sea monster trying to return back to open sea. As you walk around, the only thing you use for gameplay is the VR headset itself, by moving your head and smashing buildings and taking down helicopters and other bots that are trying to destroy you.
- Toy Wars - You control a robot mobile suit and fire at the incoming square-looking giant pixelized animals and monsters coming at you.
- Ghost House - A ghostbusting adventure where you use your special plasma cannon to catch the ghosts scaring the bots. The entire catching-in-the-box is done very similar to how they did it in the original Ghostbusters movie, except in a box you can see the caught ghosts inside your PS4 controller.
- Mini Bots - This is more of a room simulation than a game. You have a UFO catcher where you can try to collect various figurines, posters, dioramas, and other collectibles to decorate your room with. However, you need coins to play the UFO catcher, and you collect those coins by playing any of the other mini-games.
- "虚拟现实游戏空间" -- Chinese spelling
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.