Not an American user?
DescriptionF1 2000 was the last Visual Sciences' F1 racing game to appear on the PlayStation. With an official FIA Formula One license, it includes the full 2000 World Championship season, including the new US Indianapolis Grand Prix and the Jaguar Racing Team.
The game modes features a full championship, quick races, racing weekends, custom grid and time trial modes. In the multiplayer section, you can either go head to head in 2-player split screen sessions, or play a hot-seat time trial mode for up to 22 players.
All cars can be fine-tuned in the pits, and there is clear pit-to-car radio commentary. Full telemetry data is shown for detailed set-up changes. Your best performances can be saved in the replay mode, including race highlights. In this version, the computer opponents now have more realistic racing behaviour, as they make mistakes and have car failures.
Part of the Following Groups
- Console Generation Exclusive: PlayStation
- EA F1 series
- EA Sports games
- Formula 1 licensees
- Formula 1 racing games
There are no reviews for this game.
|Absolute Playstation||Apr, 2000||96 out of 100||96|
|Power Unlimited||May, 2000||9.6 out of 10||96|
|Mega Fun||Apr, 2000||85 out of 100||85|
|Video Games||Apr, 2000||84 out of 100||84|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Jun 01, 2000||8 out of 10||80|
|Gameplanet||Nov 07, 2000||70|
|IGN||Apr 10, 2000||7 out of 10||70|
|GameSpot||Apr 17, 2000||6.9 out of 10||69|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Apr 20, 2000||13 out of 20||65|
There are currently no topics for this game.
CheatsThe publisher (EA Sports) made the development team take all cheats out of the game. So as far as it is known, no cheats made it into the final retail product.
The following cheat modes were incorporated in development versions:
- Helicopter mode - The car model was replaced with that of a helicopter.
- Tank mode - You could run over other cars and they would become flat
- Missile - You could fire missiles from the front of your car. If a missile hit another car its engine would blow up.
- Sliding Tiles - From the front end you could access a sliding puzzle making use of the 'movie' squares. The 'movie' squares were put into a random order, then you had to slide them back into the correct place
- Produceroids - A simple game of Asteroids using the producer's head instead of asteroids and a F1 car instead of a space ship. The heads shouted "On me 'ead" when you ran over them.
DevelopmentWhilst in development, the PlayStation project was known as Fulcrum.
NamingEA Sports' titles usually have the second year of the fiscal season in sports which are played from autumn to spring. F1 2000 was an exception to this "rule", as it was released in March 2000. F1 Championship Season 2000 is the transitional title which brought the system of naming by the F1 season that had just ended, and had the words "Championship Season" added to differentiate from its predecessor. It was also EA Sports' first F1 game that was released after the covered season. The following title, F1 2001, marked the way future F1-licensed titles would be named by for Electronic Arts and, eventually, Codemasters. Interestingly, this led to EA Sports' F1 titles have the same logo type as their other sports games, despite the year offset.
Information also contributed by Bob Shand
Related Web Sites
- F1 2000 - Official site (The official site for all F1 games published by EA Sports.)
Bob Shand (50) added F1 2000 (PlayStation) on Jul 12, 2001
Other platforms contributed by tarmo888 (5379)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.