Written by  :  Sam Tinianow (116)
Written on  :  Dec 23, 2001
Platform  :  PlayStation
read more reviews by Sam Tinianow

Summary

The love child of Final Fantasy and Shakespear's Macbeth

The Good

The storyline is original and full of surprises, if you feel like following it. Aside from that, all players will enjoy the ability to fully customize their party, unlike in other console strategy games like the Shining Force series. There is no shortage of sidequests, which is always an asset. In fact, about half the game can be played in sidequests, such as the recruitment of Cloud from Final Fantasy VII and the exploration of the Deep Dungeon.

The Bad

Well, it doesn't look like anybody put much time into the translation. It's not as bad as that famous "all your base are belong to us" but some phrases don't exactly flow together and there are inconsistencies such names being spelled differently throughout the game and names of skills being different in various instances. Also, the final boss is WAY too easy. the hardest battle takes place about halfway through the game.

The Bottom Line

If you like RPGs, you'll like this game. If you like strategy, you'll like this game. If you like video games and Shakespear, you'll like this game. Not a perfect gem of a game, but certainly one to add to the collection.