Forums > Game Forums > G Darius > Arcade version

vedder (70669) on 5/16/2010 5:52 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm trying to play this in MAME. Supposedly it should be working, but I keep getting in a "Test Mode Menu" instead of in the real game. The menu doesn't offer an option to start the game. This is the first time I've failed to get a game to work in MAME :S

Pressed all buttons assigned by the game, but nothing seems to help.

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (93195) on 5/16/2010 6:14 PM · Permalink · Report

I haven't used MAME in a long time, but generally when this happens you can exit using he service button (usually 9 or...F5? F3? can't remember exactly, whichever isn't reset) or by switching off the test/service menu in the dip switch settings and resetting the game. If you've already tried that, then I have no idea...

vedder (70669) on 5/16/2010 6:28 PM · Permalink · Report

Yeah strangely it is off in the dip switch menu. If I turn it on I end up in a completely different test mode menu :S

Pressing the service buttons ( F2, 9, 0, - and = ) didn't help either, unfortunately. I also tried spamming them during the boot countdown. But to no avail.

Now downloading Taito Legends 2 for the PS2. Hopefully that'll work.

Foxhack (32102) on 5/16/2010 11:47 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I just tried out the game on my own ah... set. It worked fine, if a bit slow and skippy.

Try deleting the nvram\gdarius.nv and cfg\gdarius.cfg files, then try again.

vedder (70669) on 5/17/2010 7:20 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks, I'll check it out when I get back home from work.

vedder (70669) on 5/17/2010 4:49 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I got it to work by updating MAME to the most recent version. Yay!

Thanks for the help. It does indeed seem to be a bit slow, but since I'm usually not that good in these kinds of games, perhaps that's for the better. Than at least I don't have to set it on easy :)