🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Prisoner of Ice > Is there really Windows edition of a game?

Virgil (8563) on 7/19/2007 9:23 PM · Permalink · Report

That is the question.

Sciere (930489) on 7/19/2007 9:39 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

A lot of games from that era are not natively compatible with Windows, and are still DOS-based, but we have nothing else to go by than the system requirements on the cover art or having someone check it manually. This cover for instance lists Windows as the minimum requirement, with no mention of DOS, and a lot of those games were at a later stage optimized for Windows (though possible still not natively), think of the LucasArts classics re-release for instance.

Slug Camargo (583) on 7/19/2007 10:40 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

In any case, it's a piece of shit of a game, an insult to the game it's supposed to follow, so you might as well forget about it >:(

EDIT: I mean, look at the face Parker just put when you as little as mentioned that game. He knows.

Foxhack (32100) on 7/19/2007 11:06 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Dr. Von Katze wrote--]In any case, it's a piece of shit of a game, an insult to the game it's supposed to follow, so you might as well forget about it >:(

EDIT: I mean, look at the face Parker just put when you as little as mentioned that game. He knows. [/Q --end Dr. Von Katze wrote--]

He was the first victim of Goatse.

St. Martyne (3648) on 7/20/2007 5:54 AM · Permalink · Report

That's really a shame, because I already wanted to check it out. What game, you say, it's supposed to follow?

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 7/20/2007 9:33 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm guessing that was a reference to Shadow of the Comet.

Sciere (930489) on 7/20/2007 10:43 AM · Permalink · Report

Or rather Eye of the Beholder 3

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 7/20/2007 11:15 AM · Permalink · Report

man, when I get lichy there, it gets pretty foul also.

Slug Camargo (583) on 7/20/2007 11:47 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start St_Martyne wrote--]That's really a shame, because I already wanted to check it out. What game, you say, it's supposed to follow? [/Q --end St_Martyne wrote--] When Prisoner of Ice came out, they advertised it as a sequel to Shadow of the Comet. Now that game was good, even though it did have its share of flaws.

chirinea (47495) on 7/20/2007 5:56 AM · Permalink · Report

Nah, Doc, it isn't that bad... if you want to think it is so bad, try playing with Brazilian overdubs. Now, that's bad, as in Power Glove's bad! =P

Slug Camargo (583) on 7/20/2007 11:48 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start キリネア wrote--]Nah, Doc, it isn't that bad... if you want to think it is so bad, try playing with Brazilian overdubs. Now, that's bad, as in Power Glove's bad! =P [/Q --end キリネア wrote--] Oh, come on, it's a piece of crap!!! It starts somewhat interesting with the scene in the ship or submarine or whatever, but the moment you set foot on land it all turns into a virtual storm of crapola flying around all over the place, until you reach the apex of retardation with all the time travel and whatnot. If my memory serves me well, there even was some sort laser gun or some crap like that.