Not an American user?
DescriptionA secret organization called Fata Morgana is developing a weapon that is capable of killing or wounding two-thirds of the world's population. A super-national group of combat experts from all over the world called Project Blue has been established to counteract Fata Morgana's evil doings.
Sonic Wings Special is an enhanced and expanded port of Aero Fighters Special (Sonic Wings Limited in Japan), a coin-op shoot-'em-up with vertical scrolling. The original coin-op game uses altered levels, graphics and many features from Aero Fighters, Aero Fighters 2 and Aero Fighters 3.
The home console version adds new characters and endings, new bosses, updated graphics and unlockable planes. There are also Time Attack and 2-player modes. The game uses a branching stage system, so it is impossible to see all levels in one sitting. There is a total of 14 playable characters and many different endings (some of which are reused from previous games in the series). Overall the game has a comic feel.
As of Summer 2012, the Android version of Sonic Wings Special has only 4 playable characters with 4 endings and 9 stages. However, the publisher is planning to add further elements of the original version.
- "Sonic Wings Limited" -- Japanese arcade title
- "Arcade Hits: Sonic Wings Special" -- US PSN title
- "Aero Fighters Special" -- Arcade title
- "ソニックウイングスリミテッド" -- Japanese arcade spelling
- "アーケードヒッツ ソニックウィングス・スペシャル" -- Japanese PlayStation Store spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Aero Fighters / Sonic Wings series
- Aircraft: A-10 Thunderbolt II
- Aircraft: Dassault Rafale
- Aircraft: F-104 Starfighter
- Aircraft: F-117 Nighthawk
- Aircraft: Harrier Jump Jet
- Aircraft: Kamov Ka-5X (Hokum)
- Aircraft: Northrop YF-23
- Aircraft: Saab 37 Viggen
- Arcade Hits series
- Genre: Scrolling shoot 'em up
- Setting: City - Moscow
- Setting: City - New York
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
ExtrasThe Saturn version included a Mini-CD with two pop songs supposedly sung by series' iconic character Mao Mao.
GTramp (68539) added Sonic Wings Special (PlayStation) on Jul 31, 2012
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.