🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Tomb Raider > Help me with my Tomb Raider wiki

Michael B (303) on 6/26/2007 12:36 PM · Permalink · Report

I have just now created a Tomb Raider wiki. But it is hard work to maintain an entire wiki by myself, so I'm looking for any one on MobyGames really interested in Tomb Raider to help me out. It is an important quality to be really good in using the Wikipedia editing tool. Please answer quickly, and I hope that many people will respond.

For reference I include the URL to my wiki here: www.editthis.info/tr_archive

Sciere (930490) on 6/26/2007 2:04 PM · Permalink · Report

Are you aware of WikiRaider? It seems like a redundant task.

Ace of Sevens (4479) on 6/27/2007 2:03 AM · Permalink · Report

Wikiraider seems to not be particularly good. It seems to largely speak about Legend as if it weren't out yet even though it came out more than a year ago. Of course, fragmenting the user base with another wiki would only make this worse.

Eep² (88) on 6/26/2007 2:05 PM · Permalink · Report

There's already an established Tomb Raider wiki called Wiki Raider.

Michael B (303) on 6/26/2007 7:19 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Oh no, this is unfortunate. However there are several wikis on Super Mario, why not have several Tomb Raider wikis? It might give people a few more choices.

If someone is not already a member of WikiRaider, then you are welcome to join my wiki. :)

Eep² (88) on 6/26/2007 8:47 PM · Permalink · Report

There's really no reason to have multiple wikis for a single game. I don't even like that there are even multiple wikis on any topic to begin with...

DJP Mom (11333) on 6/27/2007 12:06 AM · Permalink · Report

What do you have against multiple wikis, Eep²? Seems to me the cream will rise to the top, anyway.

Joshua J. Slone (4666) on 6/27/2007 2:08 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

If they're both open wikis, it doesn't seem there would be much to gain by having a new wiki begin with a group of exclusive contributors rather than those same people adding the same content to the first, unless there's something wrong with the setup or people in charge of the first. Or some other difference of focus, like one is written in an in-fictional-universe style.

Shoddyan (15004) on 7/1/2007 7:34 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Eep² wrote--]There's really no reason to have multiple wikis for a single game. I don't even like that there are even multiple wikis on any topic to begin with... [/Q --end Eep² wrote--]

In many cases, a big part of it is WHO is in charge of wiki... and the kind of things they accept/reject. After all, dissension in the ranks can cause fans to stomp off and make their own project.

Michael B (303) on 7/5/2007 12:17 PM · Permalink · Report

OK, now back to my first question. Does anybody want to help me with my wiki? Just answer yes or no. If the answer is "yes", then follow the URL at the top of this thread.