Forums > Game Forums > Xenogears > Question regarding gear deathblow skills

Donatello (466) on 9/2/2008 2:52 PM · Permalink · Report

During one boss battle I accidentally managed to get Billy's gear's attack level to 3 and to my surprise it changed into "infinite" attack level after that. The result? I was able to choose only one attack (the weakest one, executed with triangle button) and it was something completely different, being much more powerful than any deathblow skill I've seen.

So, does this happen to every gear after I hit Attack Level 3 or is it exclusive to Billy?

—- (1623) on 9/3/2008 1:52 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

It can happen to every character once attack level 3 is reached (I think with the exception of Chu-Chu, but I hardly used her so I'm not sure of this). However, having level 3 alone won't always be enough. I think you have to either receive or deal a certain amount of damage while being on level 3. In all those battles I only got "infinite" level maybe 20 times and never really planned it.

Enjoying the story?

Donatello (466) on 9/3/2008 12:05 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Ash Ligast II wrote--] Enjoying the story? [/Q --end Ash Ligast II wrote--]

No. I'll save the details for later.

Slug Camargo (583) on 9/3/2008 11:47 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Donatello wrote--] [Q2 --start Ash Ligast II wrote--] Enjoying the story? [/Q2 --end Ash Ligast II wrote--]

No. I'll save the details for later. [/Q --end Donatello wrote--] Wow, don't let Oleg hear you say that!! =O

Unicorn Lynx (181780) on 9/4/2008 7:45 AM · Permalink · Report

Wow, don't let Oleg hear you say that!! =O

It's okay, he's just feeling vengeful after I trashed "Persona 3" in my review :-/

—- (1623) on 9/4/2008 8:58 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Well, you gave it 3,2 out of 5, which is quite an unusual way to "trash" a game :-)