DescriptionPokémon Black Version along with Pokémon White Version mark the 5th generation of the main series. This version exclusively features the legendary Pokémon Reshiram. The player's objective, once again, is to collect all of the monsters and become the best trainer in the world. The player and two of his or her best friends get three Pokémon as presents from Professor Juniper, and each has to choose one. These are: fire-type Tepig, grass-type Snivy, and water-type Oshawott. Now a whole new world awaits for the player to explore and all-new Pokémon to catch.
This generation marks a few significant changes to the tried formula. For the first time the Pokémon are fully animated during battles, along with new attack and status-change animations. The graphics have been polished and revamped, experimenting with a whole new 3D perspectives in certain areas. There are also two new types of battles: rotation battle in which you can swap between three Pokémon at any given time allowing for more strategy, and 3vs3 battles where three monsters fight alongside and help each other. Implemented are also changing seasons - certain seasons allow for different Pokémon to encounter and make some areas accessible only at a given time.
Aside from the legendary Pokémon to catch, choosing the version of the game gives the player the opportunity to visit an exclusive area. The Black Version features the metropolitan area of Black City.
- "Pokémon: Version Noire" -- French title
- "Pokémon: Versione Nera" -- Italian title
- "Pokémon: Schwarze Edition" -- German title
- "Pokémon: Edición Negra" -- Spanish title
- "Pocket Monsters: Black" -- Japanese title
- "ポケットモンスター ブラック" -- Japanese spelling
- "포켓몬스터 블랙" -- Korean Spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Creature breeding / fusion
- Gameplay feature: Day / Night cycle
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Gameplay feature: Importable characters
- Gameplay feature: Monster capture / training
- Gameplay feature: Recordable replays
- Games made into comics
- Games made into movies
- Games made into TV series
- Games released as complementary versions
- Games with game altering copy protection
- Pokémon main RPG series
- Pokémon universe
There are no reviews for this game.
|Gameplanet||Feb 28, 2011||9 out of 10||90|
|God is a Geek||Apr 04, 2011||9 out of 10||90|
|Nintendo-Online.de||Mar 12, 2011||9 out of 10||90|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Mar 03, 2011||9 out of 10||90|
|Legendra||Apr 10, 2011||90|
|411mania.com||Apr 10, 2011||8.8 out of 10||88|
|Hardcore Gamer Magazine||Mar 02, 2011||4.25 out of 5||85|
|1UP||Mar 07, 2011||B+||83|
|JeuxActu||Mar 08, 2011||15 out of 20||75|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Mar 30, 2011||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
SalesAccording to publisher Nintendo, Pokémon Black Version together with White Version sold 15.60 million copies worldwide (as of September 30, 2015).