Project Eden Ad Blurbs
Advertising BlurbsAtari Australia website - Windows:
- Designed by the team that created the original Tomb Raider, Project Eden strikes into the action-adventure genre with a radical combination of action and adventure featuring interchangeable 1st and 3rd person viewpoints
- With control over a team of four characters, gameplay relies heavily on character interaction and is either single player (co-operative) or four player (network). Command may also be switched from characters to remotely operated equipment. The 1st person viewpoint allows the character to see torso and feet as well as the realtime shadow
- Driven by all-new engines, Project Eden incorporates the latest advances in mapping technologies, character skinning, animation (including variable speed playback), morphing and other dedicated effects. Gameplay is structured via a commanding script that leads the player through a world distorted by its own evolution, where the inhabitants reflect an unnatural and often sinister vigilance…
Contributed by Xoleras (66655) on May 21, 2004.
Due to severe overpopulation, the planet Earth’s diameter is increasing with the growth of towering mega-cities, each inhabited by millions of humans. Buildings are growing ever-upwards, interconnected with a thick web of roads, walkways and service channels. In these giant human hives, only the affluent may feel the rays of the sun and breathe the cleaner air. It is within one such city that Project Eden is set. The player(s) controls a team of 4 members of the UPA (Urban Protection Agency) - an elite force which deals with serious disturbances within the city. The team is initially called in to investigate problems at the ‘Real Meat’ factory, in which all the equipment has started to simultaneously malfunction. Technicians sent to repair the machinery have gone missing without explanation… Here begins The UPA’s sinister trail of inquiry…
From the creators of Tomb Raider 1 & 2!
- Lead 4 specialists in innovative squad-based play into an abyss of vast caverns, snake-like tunnels, and luring dead-ends.
- 11 chilling mission-based levels will test your exploration, puzzle-solving and survival skills.
- Morphing enemies challenge you constantly, mutating as quickly as you learn how to destroy them.
- Descend into the darkness alone in single player mode or with up to 4 others in cooperative multiplayer.
Contributed by Corn Popper (69204) on Dec 04, 2002.
Something is wrong in the Garden of Eden.
Due to severe overpopulation, Earth's surface is covered with towering mega-cities. As civilization climbs high into the sky, it buries beneath it a wretched underworld occupied by criminals, the deranged and the deformed. Now, amidst reports of violence and atrocity in lower levels, a technical repair team has gone missing.
Designed by the team that created the original Tomb Raider, Project Eden is a radical combination of action and adventure which lets you switch between 1st and 3rd person viewpoints throughout the game. The game dares you enter the underworld of a near future world where, due to severe overpopulation, the Earth's diameter is increasing with the growth of towering, dirty mega-cities.
You play a member of the UPA (Urban Protection Agency) tasked with dealing with a series of increasingly disturbing outbreaks of unrest within these dangerous netherworld suburbs. You'll traverse a world so totally distorted by its own evolution that its inhabitants can no longer distinguish between right and wrong...
Contributed by Grant McLellan (622) on Mar 10, 2002.