🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Bully > Such a sweet game!

Unicorn Lynx (181798) on 6/12/2007 8:44 AM · Permalink · Report

Has anyone played it? I've just completed Chapter 1. People, this game rocks! Anyone who liked GTA for the right reasons (humor, characters, voice acting, versatile missions, tons of stuff to do, large world, etc.) absolutely has to check it out!

Zovni (10504) on 6/12/2007 1:07 PM · Permalink · Report

I think we have created a monster here people...

Indra was here (20771) on 6/12/2007 1:39 PM · Permalink · Report

First GTA, now Bully. The darkside is very much tempting, is it not, Avatar?

chirinea (47513) on 6/12/2007 1:53 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I foresee a positive Doom review in the future, my friends...

Edit: changed from "good" to "positive", since the review could be good and badmouth it.

Indra was here (20771) on 6/12/2007 2:14 PM · Permalink · Report

...followed by a wave of atheists finding God (or theists losing God), a sudden string of simultaneous volcano eruptions and earthquakes and the discovery of Leisure Suit Larry 4.

chirinea (47513) on 6/12/2007 2:27 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

And this sequence of events will show Oleg what a beautiful RPG plot his life has, thus taking him back to his first gaming love and restoring balance to the Force.

Zovni (10504) on 6/12/2007 3:24 PM · Permalink · Report

Keep in mind he calls it a "sweet" game, so he's probably playing as a goodie and missing out on all the fun. I assume Oleg is the only person in the world that stayed away from the rampage missions in GTA and had trouble sleeping if he ran over people in the taxi missions.

Unicorn Lynx (181798) on 6/12/2007 4:54 PM · Permalink · Report

No, I enjoy firing at girls with a slingshot, beating up nerds for money, and kicking teachers in the groin as much as anyone else. But you have to agree that this is a far cry from the murders you commit in GTA.

I like GTA games for their stories, humor, characters, and gameplay; I don't like them because of the rampage missions and the killing of innocents. They bother me, and I'd be very happy if they were removed.

I used the word "sweet" because the game IS very sweet. It has a certain air of innocence, plenty of kind humor, and is at times absolutely charming.

Zovni (10504) on 6/12/2007 6:16 PM · Permalink · Report

I just finished The Godfather, which is another GTA-clone... wonder what you'd make of that considering the stuff you do in the game..hehehhe

Pseudo_Intellectual (66194) on 6/12/2007 6:37 PM · Permalink · Report

It's mostly just killing gangsters and smashing up storefronts. It was just the heartbeat in the controller while strangling that got to me.

Zovni (10504) on 6/12/2007 7:05 PM · Permalink · Report

Lol, you could still extort the shit out of innocent shop-owners, bitchslapping and slamming heads on counters included.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66194) on 6/12/2007 9:14 PM · Permalink · Report

Well yes, I played with mostly a "least harm" approach to Godfathering. Yes, you can walk down the street strangling women and reducing pedestrians' heads to a pulp... I was even delighted with the perverse elegance of smashing a shopkeeper's cash register open with his own head! However, these are not essential to completing the game.

chirinea (47513) on 6/12/2007 9:18 PM · Permalink · Report

I just saw a friend playing it for a couple of minutes, but I'm wondering: are you able to make people "an offer they can't refuse"?

Pseudo_Intellectual (66194) on 6/12/2007 9:54 PM · Permalink · Report

There's no joystick button for it, if that's what you're asking.

Zovni (10504) on 6/12/2007 11:40 PM · Permalink · Report

You mean you didn't rob banks or throw people in furnaces? Its all all part of the experience man! And yes Chirinea, you do. In fact you get to play that particular mission in which you have to decapitate a certain horse (but alas, you don't do it yourself)

Unicorn Lynx (181798) on 6/12/2007 4:44 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm going to remove my Doom review. I don't like it any more.

Mobygamesisreanimated (11069) on 6/12/2007 2:46 PM · Permalink · Report

I liked GTA for the wrong reasons, can I still play Bully?

Unicorn Lynx (181798) on 6/12/2007 4:43 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Good question. Bully has no blood, and you can't kill anyone. Still interested? :)

xroox (3895) on 6/12/2007 5:32 PM · Permalink · Report

I wish this game had been ported to the PC...

Mobygamesisreanimated (11069) on 6/12/2007 6:12 PM · Permalink · Report

Maybe... Though I actually agree with some things you mentioned about GTA SA. Not that I mind running over helpless, innocent cvilians, but the mission in which Carl rescues his first girlfriend and some other missions you described don't really fit with the rest of the game.

Matt Neuteboom (976) on 6/12/2007 11:44 PM · Permalink · Report

Actually, Oleg, Bully is just your type of game. Bully masters the art of storytelling and great characters much more than GTA, and it tones down the violence a lot. So yea, there is that great feeling of innocence there. Personally I love the feel of the game. Since I'm in high school, I know that exact feeling, and they hit it really well. Rockstar just seems to have a great way of making a game feel just right.

Here's a tip, go outside of the school and swim in the ocean until 1 in the morning (or whenever you fall asleep). When you wake up the next morning, you will have washed up on an island and around the area is a guy dressed as a pirate. You can beat him up and steal his clothes.

Also try walking around in your Halloween costume or in your underwear around the school. Always good for laughs.

Unicorn Lynx (181798) on 6/13/2007 12:54 AM · Permalink · Report

Man, there's so much to try and to do in this game! Awesome :)

I see you liked GTA for the right reasons, after all :)

Zovni (10504) on 6/13/2007 1:16 PM · Permalink · Report

Sigh.... lost cause.

Atom Ant (823) on 6/14/2007 2:29 AM · Permalink · Report

don't forget to give kisses to a few cute boys either. this is what highschool is all about. you'll never have another chance to feel this same innocence.

Unicorn Lynx (181798) on 6/14/2007 3:14 AM · Permalink · Report

Sorry, but I wouldn't do that even in a game. I'm not into such a kind of stuff :)

Shoddyan (14996) on 6/18/2007 9:44 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]Sorry, but I wouldn't do that even in a game. I'm not into such a kind of stuff :) [/Q --end Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]

Role-Playing a vampire and feeding on humans: Really Okay
Killing gangsters in GTA: Okay
Dressing up final fantasy characters in battle dresses: Less Okay
Kissing Boys: Not Okay

Is this where I start the thread about how backwards Unicorn's code of morality is? ... j/k.

Nice to see that Atom Ant at least is enjoying this game's content anyway.

Unicorn Lynx (181798) on 6/19/2007 2:01 AM · Permalink · Report

LOL :) What can I do, I guess I'd rather feed on men than kiss them :) It has nothing to do with morality, it's just a feeling.

Shoddyan (14996) on 6/22/2007 9:26 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]LOL :) What can I do, I guess I'd rather feed on men than kiss them :) It has nothing to do with morality, it's just a feeling. [/Q --end Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]

Or lack of Iron in your diet :)

Unicorn Lynx (181798) on 6/23/2007 8:41 AM · Permalink · Report

Whaddaya mean? If I consume more iron, I become a gay???

:-()

Shoddyan (14996) on 6/23/2007 8:21 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]Whaddaya mean? If I consume more iron, I become a gay???

:-() [/Q --end Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]

er... Iron is a primary ingredient in blood. Hence, if you're lacking iron in your normal diet, you may be drawn to vampirism in order to get some.

I have no idea what it would take to get you gay... obviously it's not Bully alone :P

DJP Mom (11333) on 6/23/2007 8:54 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start WildKard wrote--] [Q2 --start Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]Whaddaya mean? If I consume more iron, I become a gay???

:-() [/Q2 --end Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]

er... Iron is a primary ingredient in blood. Hence, if you're lacking iron in your normal diet, you may be drawn to vampirism in order to get some.

I have no idea what it would take to get you gay... obviously it's not Bully alone :P [/Q --end WildKard wrote--]

Nobody really has to say here that gay is not something you become, it's something you are, right?

Indra was here (20771) on 6/24/2007 5:56 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DJP Mom wrote--] [Q2 --start WildKard wrote--] [Q3 --start Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]Whaddaya mean? If I consume more iron, I become a gay???

:-() [/Q3 --end Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]

I have no idea what it would take to get you gay... obviously it's not Bully alone :P [/Q2 --end WildKard wrote--]

Nobody really has to say here that gay is not something you become, it's something you are, right? [/Q --end DJP Mom wrote--]

Correct and incorrect. Each person has the capability to become heterosexual or homosexual. Which path you lead greatly depends on [1] Influences [2] Genes.

Though my logic still doesn't not come up with a philosophical answer to why a person would want to marry his car. The ruling judge obviously didn't agree. Something read in the paper once.

Oleg isn't gay. Just sexually confused. He hides it very well. :)

Slug Camargo (583) on 6/24/2007 10:25 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra Depari of the Clan Depari wrote--] Oleg isn't gay. Just sexually confused. He hides it very well. :) [/Q --end Indra Depari of the Clan Depari wrote--] I'm not sure about that "very". I mean, the man not only plays Final Fantasy games, he defends the "male" characters every time someone says something bad about them as though his very life was at stake.

And then there's that weird mysoginy of his. I think we might just be discovering something here... :P

Unicorn Lynx (181798) on 6/24/2007 5:05 PM · Permalink · Report

Doctor, I understand what you're hoping for, but... sorry man! Unfortunately, I do like women only! Can't we just be good friends?

:)~

Better luck with Zovni, maybe? Just look at his current avatar.

:()

Indra was here (20771) on 6/25/2007 3:05 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Dr. Von Katze wrote--] [Q2 --start Indra Depari of the Clan Depari wrote--] Oleg isn't gay. Just sexually confused. He hides it very well. :) [/Q2 --end Indra Depari of the Clan Depari wrote--] I'm not sure about that "very". I mean, the man not only plays Final Fantasy games, he defends the "male" characters every time someone says something bad about them as though his very life was at stake.

And then there's that weird mysoginy of his. I think we might just be discovering something here... :P [/Q --end Dr. Von Katze wrote--]

You do have a point there. Sorry Oleg. Haha.

Shoddyan (14996) on 6/25/2007 8:54 AM · Permalink · Report

I think I may have teased too far ... now THIS topic will take a life of it's own :P

Zovni (10504) on 6/25/2007 1:03 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra Depari of the Clan Depari wrote--] Which path you lead greatly depends on [1] Influences [2] Genes. [/Q --end Indra Depari of the Clan Depari wrote--]

WTF? Genes? Say what??

Sciere (915502) on 6/25/2007 1:12 PM · Permalink · Report

Looks like something Conservapedia would write.

Zovni (10504) on 6/25/2007 2:38 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Sciere wrote--]Looks like something Conservapedia would write. [/Q --end Sciere wrote--]

OMFG. If someone is a haxxor here please DoS the fuck off that site.

Unicorn Lynx (181798) on 6/25/2007 5:06 PM · Permalink · Report

Wait a sec... I don't get it. This is a parody, right?

Sciere (915502) on 6/25/2007 5:10 PM · Permalink · Report

No :(

Unicorn Lynx (181798) on 6/25/2007 6:19 PM · Permalink · Report

Holy cows...

Mobygamesisreanimated (11069) on 6/25/2007 6:51 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Hahaha! check out Conservapedia's article on Wikipedia.

(And their incredible tuba article!)

DJP Mom (11333) on 6/25/2007 10:36 PM · Permalink · Report

Oh man...some people say it's better to shine the light of day on people & websites like that but I'd rather leave them under their rock!

Unicorn Lynx (181798) on 6/26/2007 2:51 AM · Permalink · Report

?? The tuba article is quite normal, or did I miss something?

chirinea (47513) on 6/26/2007 2:54 AM · Permalink · Report

Maybe Xenu was referring to the fact that they have a tuba article...

DJP Mom (11333) on 6/26/2007 3:03 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

My reply wasn't directed at the tuba article, I probably shouldn't have replied to that post...but...now that I look it up, the entry looks like something a 4th grader would turn in for a report, and get a D for. Which accounts for the sarcasm in Zenu's post! :-)

Mobygamesisreanimated (11069) on 6/26/2007 8:57 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]?? The tuba article is quite normal, or did I miss something? [/Q --end Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--] There was a link on the mainpage to an L.A. Times article that they said praised some of their articles, including the one on tubas.

Slug Camargo (583) on 6/26/2007 4:52 AM · Permalink · Report

So there was stuff left to be seen in this world yet... o_O

Unicorn Lynx (181798) on 6/26/2007 8:40 AM · Permalink · Report

This is clearly provocation. Somebody is trying to discredit conservative-thinking people by attributing such nonsense to them. Does anyone really believe that someone can seriously write in an encyclopedia that all kangaroos are descendants of a pair that was taken aboard Noah's Ark? It's obviously provocation, and a very crude one at that. No real conservative would write that. It's religious zealotry, not conservative point of view.

Indra was here (20771) on 6/26/2007 10:26 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]This is clearly provocation. Somebody is trying to discredit conservative-thinking people by attributing such nonsense to them. Does anyone really believe that someone can seriously write in an encyclopedia that all kangaroos are descendants of a pair that was taken aboard Noah's Ark? It's obviously provocation, and a very crude one at that. No real conservative would write that. It's religious zealotry, not conservative point of view. [/Q --end Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]

Where in the world did Noah, in the middle of Palestine find a pair of Polar Bears and Penguins? And while we're at it, Asians, Indians, funny little green men?

Then again, there actually are conservatives that are that stupid. Not limited to conservatives, actually more like "people". In general.

Matt Neuteboom (976) on 6/28/2007 9:24 PM · Permalink · Report

No real conservative would write that. It's religious zealotry, not conservative point of view.

Here in America they're one the same!

And strangely enough, its the same for the opposite. All liberals are radical idealists who fight against Godly influences in American schools!

I guess the term centrist doesn't exist in America anymore.

Unicorn Lynx (181798) on 6/29/2007 1:43 AM · Permalink · Report

This is one of the more ridiculous aspects of modern Western society: people have stopped thinking on their own and simply join groups with pre-determined attributes.

Suppose I have conservative views in politics. So I want to join the "right". However...

If you are conservative in politics, you must also, for some strange reason:

• Believe in God
  • See Judaeo-Christian values as the highest
  • Look down at gays
  • Think USA is on a historical mission
  • Oppose sex before marriage
  • Be at least slightly racist
  • Say video games corrupt the youth
    Since I do not share any of the above opinions, joining the political "right" is out of question for me. So I want to join the "left", and what do I get? I have to:
  • Equate any patriotism to nationalism
  • Curse anyone who has power in my country and defend anyone who opposes it
  • Generally be tolerant only to those who are intolerant
  • Be afraid of any honest opinion because it might turn out politically incorrect
  • Support dialectic materialism
  • Support moral relativism
  • Hate Israel Since I do not share any of the above opinions, joining the political "left" is out of question for me. Curses and swears to never get involved in politics again, knowing well that it's impossible

Zovni (10504) on 6/29/2007 2:28 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start 奥立克 wrote--]

• Hate Israel [/Q --end 奥立克 wrote--] ???

Unicorn Lynx (181798) on 6/29/2007 3:53 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Hating Israel is an obligatory feeling for a modern liberal gentleman! It's become so tightly connected to the other liberal idiocies I mentioned that it goes without saying.

On the other hand, if conservatives support Israel, they do it because the Bible says it's a Jewish land. And they want to keep Jews alive for their upcoming conversion to Christianity when Jesus comes back to purge sinners.

So tell me, where can a normal guy go when both left and right are so screwed?

Sigh

Oh, and did you notice how all this has nothing to do with "Bully"? :)

Indra was here (20771) on 6/30/2007 11:25 AM · Permalink · Report

I would agree a requirement your "right wing" that states "support Israel". Than having the "hate Israel" in the "left wing". Someone actually can be left wing and has never heard of Israel. Surprise, surprise.

Unicorn Lynx (181798) on 6/30/2007 12:44 PM · Permalink · Report

I was half-joking. Of course there are leftists who like Israel, and right-wing guys who don't believe in God, for example.

Slug Camargo (583) on 6/23/2007 11:36 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start WildKard wrote--] [Q2 --start Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]Whaddaya mean? If I consume more iron, I become a gay???

:-() [/Q2 --end Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]

I have no idea what it would take to get you gay... obviously it's not Bully alone :P [/Q --end WildKard wrote--] Well that's easy: Everybody knows that vampires are all gay.

DJP Mom (11333) on 6/14/2007 3:16 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

;-) Somehow I don't think that's Unicorn's style...

(Edit - oh that's funny, we must have posted at the same time)

Indra was here (20771) on 6/14/2007 12:11 PM · Permalink · Report

Finally we all condone violence in the end. Yay!

warm fuzzy feeling

tarmo888 (5258) on 6/27/2007 3:17 AM · Permalink · Report

I just watched gametrailers reviews on Bully and Table Tennis. Only this short review and talk here about Bully made me understand how crafted games they are able to make. GTA IV is going to be smaller in area (like Bully) as San Andreas was (this means more action per square mile :P) and going to use RAGE engine - perfect! can't wait.

For a first time i am really really thinking to get a console :D

Guy Chapman (1748) on 7/20/2007 6:46 AM · Permalink · Report

Just FYI, Lynx, it just got announced for the Wii this week.