Not an American user?
DescriptionBurnout 3: Takedown is a racing game which encourages aggressive driving and lets you use your vehicle to smash your way to the finish line by taking out your rivals and causing massive multi-car pileups. The more cars you take out, damage you inflict, the more events and cars you can unlock. Burnout 3 also has a "crash" mode which puts your vehicle at a variety of traffic junctions jam-packed with moving vehicles and pickups to see just how much monetary damage you can inflict.
Burnout 3: Takedown continues the racing series with more cars, more tracks, a more detailed crash engine, and a multitude of new gameplay modes for single players, multiple players on one system, and online play.
Some features include:
Crash Mode: In addition to this gameplay element introduced in Burnout 2, Pick-ups have been added. They are scattered throughout the intersections. Some pick-ups will halve, double or quadruple your score, cause massive explosions to cause even more damage, or increase your damage with monetary bonuses.
Sophisticated crash technology allows for high-speed crashes with extreme detail. Use your vehicle as a weapon and takedown rivals, using the new Aftertouch feature to control your vehicle after the moment of impact.
9 Race Modes including Single Race, Tournament, Lap Eliminator, Burning Lap and Road Rage.
Multiplayer Modes include Quick Line, Battle Race, Road Rage, and Party Crash, where 2-16 players participate in a pass-the-controller match-up.
7 Online Modes allow you to race online with up to 6 players. Battle through oncoming traffic in Crash Mode, Single Race, Road Rage, and more.
Over 70 Vehicles in 12 different classes including European exotics, American muscle cars, mid-size sedans, sports cars, compacts, buses and semi trucks.
Over 40 Tracks spanning 3 continents. Take on opponents across a broad range of environments, and experience dozens of traffic-filled crash junctions.
- "横冲直撞3" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Burnout 3: Takedown - Destroy the Rules" -- Tag-lined title
Part of the Following Groups
- Burnout series
- EA Most Wanted releases
- Gameplay feature: Demolition derby
- Genre: Car / motorcycle combat
- Genre: Stunt racing
- Middleware: RenderWare
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Xbox Classics releases
- Xbox Platinum Hits releases
|One of the best games on the PS2 - TOTALLY WILD AND WICKED!||pottyboy (73)|
|The King of Arcade Racing Games||Carmelo Lia (45)|
|GamerDad||Apr 09, 2005||100|
|GameSpot||Sep 07, 2004||9.5 out of 10||95|
|GameZone||Nov 06, 2003||9.2 out of 10||92|
|Game Informer Magazine||Oct, 2004||9.25 out of 10||92|
|Thunderbolt Games||Sep 22, 2005||9 out of 10||90|
|Super Play (Sweden)||Sep, 2004||9 out of 10||90|
|Gamesmania.de||Sep 23, 2004||89 out of 100||89|
|Computer Bild Spiele||Oct, 2004||1.66 out of 6||87|
|Lazy Tech Guys||Aug 10, 2010||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Winter CityWinter City was very obviously modeled after the capital of Austria, Vienna. Even a model of the Stephansdom was used in the game.
- 2004 – Best Console Racing Game of the Year
- February 2006 (Issue #200) – #162 out of 200 on the "Greatest Games of Their Time" list
- 2004 – #8 Game of the Year
- 2004 – #4 Xbox Game of the Year
- 2004 – #5 PS2 Game of the Year
- 2004 – Xbox Racing Game of the Year
- 2004 – PS2 Racing Game of the Year
- Golden Joystick Awards
- 2004 - PS2 Game of the Year
- 2004 - Runner-up in the Online Game of the Year category
Related Web Sites
- Burnout 3: Takedown (Official Website)
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Wikipedia: Burnout 3: Takedown (Information about Burnout 3: Takedown at Wikipedia)
Lucefin (1435) added Burnout 3: Takedown (PlayStation 2) on Sep 13, 2004
Credits (242 people)
Head of Criterion Games:
Shaun Adams, Tom Adams, Rafael Barraso, Ming Cheung, David Flynn, Richard Franke, Mark Hamilton, James Hans, Scott Harber, Chris Healy