Not an American user?
DescriptionEA Sports' Fight Night Round 3 from EA Chicago lets you make your own fighter, train them up, and literally take on the world.
Start by creating your own champ and customizing how they look, what equipment they have, their fighting style, their weight class, their signature move, and even their own illegal hit. Get equipment and trainers for your fighter to enhance his look and performance.
Then take your fighter to career mode where you'll play fight your way up from the local gym all the way up to five-star venues. Get trainers to enhance your training and boost your speed and power. Play against randomly generated fighters all the way up through the ranks till you beat them in points or to a pulp. Certain fights may get you a bit of extra money as an incentive, or give you a promotional deal, but pick your fights carefully because strategy inside the ring won't matter if you mismanage your fisher outside.
Fight smart during the fight by using the total punch control system to throw the punches you want to by using the analog stick. The total punch control system maps your fists to the analog stick getting rid of the need for senseless button mashing.
You can also play in historical fights like Taylor vs. Hopkins, Gatti vs. Ward, or Robinson vs. Lamotta in the ESPN Classic mode to play in the fights that made boxing history.
Once you've got the computer down for the count, you can play with any fighter or user created fighters or any of the ESPN Classic fights in local multiplayer with a friend. You can also take the fight online and prove your the real champion of the world against any opponent anytime, anywhere.
Part of the Following Groups
- EA Sports games
- Japanese PlayStation 3 games with full English support
- Knockout Kings / Fight Night series
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 3 Greatest Hits releases
- Xbox 360 Classics releases
- Xbox 360 Platinum Hits releases
There are no reviews for the PlayStation 2 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Game Informer Magazine||Mar, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|1UP||Feb 22, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|Game Freaks 365||2006||9 out of 10||90|
|PSX Extreme||Mar 10, 2006||8.7 out of 10||87|
|Gamesmania.de||Apr 25, 2006||87 out of 100||87|
|Next Level Gaming||Feb 20, 2006||86 out of 100||86|
|GameSpot||Feb 21, 2006||8.2 out of 10||82|
|Game Revolution||Mar 03, 2006||B||75|
|GameSpy||Feb 22, 2006||70|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Mar 10, 2006||13 out of 20||65|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesThe Xbox 360 version of Fight Night Round 3 appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Online ServersElectronic Arts closed the game's online servers for the Xbox version on 1st September 2007 and for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions on 8th February 2011.
- 2006 – #2 Best Xbox 360 Game of the Year
- 2006 – #3 Best Sports Game of the Year
- 2006 – #2 PS3 Game of the Year
- 2006 – #4 Xbox 360 Game of the Year
- 2006 – #5 Xbox Game of the Year
- 2006 – #4 Offline Multiplayer Game of the Year
- 2006 – Xbox 360 Sports Game of the Year
- 2006 – PS3 Sports Game of the Year
- 2006 – PS3 Offline Multiplayer Game of the Year
- 2006 – Worst 1000 Achievement Points You'll Ever Earn (Xbox 360) (together with Final Fantasy XI Online)
Related Web Sites
- EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 3 (Official game website)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Fight Night Round 3.)
Ronald Diemicke (1195) added Fight Night Round 3 (PlayStation 2) on Sep 13, 2006
Credits (330 people)
317 developers, 13 thanks
Nathan Baker, Arpit Baldeva, David Barsam, Daniel Benson, Mitchel Deason, Wesley Fudala, Jason Fugate, Enrique Gonzalez, Nick Haehn, Ed Hellesen, Kerry Hermann, Phillip Kavan, Matt Knowles, Jeremy Koepke, Stephen Latta, Mark Loftus, Patrick Lynn, Richard Naegele