Written by  :  Robstein (204)
Written on  :  Feb 02, 2007
Platform  :  PlayStation 2
Rating  :  4.57 Stars4.57 Stars4.57 Stars4.57 Stars4.57 Stars

read more reviews by Robstein

Summary

A fantastic game that defies categorization

The Good

To be honest, I hated Killer7 the first time I played it. It was a bit too different for me. Luckily I had rented it, but I decided that I should give it a second chance before taking it back to the store. That second try made all the difference. Something just clicked, and suddenly, I understood how the game worked.

Now Killer7 is in my list of all time favorite games. The presentation is mostly to blame, as the beautifully stylized graphics and cut scenes still stand out to me over almost anything on the market today.

The Bad

There's nothing that I dislike about Killer7, but I could see certain aspects of it being an issue to someone seeing it for the first time. For example, your character is on rails. You can't stray from the predetermined path at all. Also, many of the puzzles are really bizarre; like finding a ring in the mouth of a talking severed head that you then use to light some candles in a specific order and so on.

The Bottom Line

Killer7 is one of those games that a person will either love or hate. It's not for everybody, but those that can appreciate it will find a fantastic stylized adventure, sure to please on every level.