Forums > Game Forums > Psychonauts > Does the last level drag the game down a little?

Atomic Punch! (186) on 11/5/2007 7:53 PM · Permalink · Report

Psychonauts is one of the BEST games I've ever played... until the end. I'm trying to work my way through the Meat Circus (currently I'm chasing dad as the water rises) and I'm losing all the good feelings the game had built up.

The Big Top specifically is murderously difficult. I was hooked on this game and breezed through most of it in a week and a half (for me, that's lightning quick), but I find I just don't want to bother to load the game up and play through the Big Top. It makes me angry in a way no game since Oni has done.

The thing is, the rest of the game was a wacky fun, full of hidden areas and neat stuff. Combat wasn't too difficult (which is a good thing because the targeting system sux). Then suddenly the Meat Circus turns into every other platforming game ever made. It goes from 'use your brain' (the rest of the game) to 'push buttons at exactly the right second or die'.

Atomic Punch! (186) on 11/5/2007 8:58 PM · Permalink · Report

Okay. I've finished the game. One of the best games ever! (Big Top level still way too hard though...)