An overview of the different multiplayer modes per platform:
- Cooperative missions (PS2, Xbox, GC): cooperative skirmish single-player missions.
- Cooperative terrorist hunt (PS2, Xbox, GC): play cooperatively through the entire campaign.
- Team Adversarial (PS2) / Team Survival (Xbox): Deathmatch between Team Rainbow versus the Mercenaries. The team with the most kills when time is up wins.
- Team Retrieval (PS2) / Retrieval (Xbox): Play as either Team Rainbow or the Mercenaries. The team to retrieve the most canister objects within the time limit wins.
- Total Conquest (Xbox): The team to capture and hold all three satellite transmitters for a short duration wins the round.
- Team Sharpshooter (Xbox): Team deathmatch with respawn. The team with the most kills when the time expires wins.
- Team Rivalry (PS2): Objective-based games between Team Rainbow and the Mercenaries, focusing on team play.
- Persistent Elite Creation (Xbox): RPG-like gameplay with classes, items, levels and skills.