DescriptionAs depicted very well by the title of the game, the infamous quarrelsome Worms are squirming for the first time in full 3D. The goal of the game hasn't changed a single bit from its predecessors: the objective is still to crush, annihilate and put into oblivion the worm team of the enemy using massively-wacky weapons of destruction. About all the features of its original 2D ancestors are also present, including random wind and a fully destructible landscape.
Not all the weapons that were previously available have made the cut into the 3 dimensional realm, however Worms 3D comes too with a selective set of new weaponry such as the Lottery Strike or the Gas Grenade which should allow you to find a few dozen of new ways to kill your fellow worms online.
There are no PlayStation 2 user screenshots for this game.
There are 66 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "百战天虫3D" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Worms 3D: Special Edition" -- US Xbox in-game title
- "Baizhan Tianchong 3D" -- Chinese title
Part of the Following Groups
- Animals: Worms
- Games with randomly generated environments
- Physics Engine: Havok
- Visual technique / style: Voxel graphics
- Worms series
|Even when watered down, Worms still tastes delicious||Zokolov (66)|
|Boomtown||Feb 02, 2004||8 out of 10||80|
|Console Obsession||Jun 03, 2010||8 out of 10||80|
|Game Informer Magazine||Mar, 2004||8 out of 10||80|
|GameZone||Apr 01, 2004||7.9 out of 10||79|
|Game Captain||Nov 25, 2003||78 out of 100||78|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 12, 2003||14 out of 20||70|
|IGN||Feb 24, 2004||7 out of 10||70|
|Game Informer Magazine||Mar, 2004||7 out of 10||70|
|Gaming Target||Apr 20, 2004||6.6 out of 10||66|
|GameSpy||Apr 08, 2004||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
April's FoolAs Team 17's 2003 April Fools' joke, it was announced that the war in Iraq had forced Team 17 to remove all of the "realistic" weapons from the game (Bazooka, Grenade, Shotgun) and replace them with cartoony alternatives such as Sausage Strikes and Pineapple Bombs. In fact, there was for a limited time a version of the Worms 3D logo where a pineapple wearing sunglasses and a smile replaced the traditional grenade.
- 2003 – Best PC Party Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Official Webpage (Mac) (The official product page for the Mac version of Worms 3D on the publisher's website, which provides a series of short movies, a profile of the game, desktop wallpapers, demos, and purchasing information, among other such details.)
- Tossing a Banana Bomb Never Felt So Real (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Worms 3D, with commentary being provided by Producer Paul Kilburn (May, 2004).)
- Worms 3D (Official website from Team17)
- Worms 3D (Official website from Sega)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.