DescriptionIn Zombie Zone, you control Aya, a young girl who has lived with her father. An excellent swordsman, he has left his wife and the daughter Saki to live in a secluded place, teaching Aya sword techniques. His wife died, and Saki blamed the father for her death. She killed her own father, and went off to find an artifact to resurrect her mother. Now Aya must stop her own sister and avenge her father's death.
The gameplay is hack-and-slash with some advanced things put in. You're fighting against zombies, so your enemies are not very smart. It's basically Aya against a very large number of slowly moving enemies, a bit like in Dynasty Warriors. There is a feature called "sword fatigue": if you don't clean your sword in time, it will get stuck in an enemy, giving him an advantage over you. There are also slight RPG elements. You can upgrade your characters by collecting orbs dropped by defeated enemies. At the end of each level, you can use the orbs to make Aya more powerful. Sometimes the enemies drop red orbs; if you collect enough of them, you turn into a demon. Your attacks become more powerful, but they also take away from your health.
There are no PlayStation 2 user screenshots for this game.
There are no promo images for this game
- "The Oneechanbara" -- Japanese title
- "Simple Series 2000 Vol. 61: The OneeChanbara" -- Original Japanese release title
- "SIMPLE2000シリーズ Vol.61 THE お姉チャンバラ" -- Original Japanese release title spelling
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaKnown as a pillow word pun, "OneeChanBara" consists of two words that connect together to make one new word that is ambiguous in meaning. "Oneechan" means older sister or girl and "chanbara" means sword fight; therefore, "OneeChanBara" can be translated into English as both "older sister sword fight" or "big sister swordsman".
Related Web Sites
- Lace and Steel (A English fansite of the Oneechanbara game. Features a game walkthrough, some fan-made art, and Oneechanbara mulitmedia downloads. )
- Official Oneechanbara Home Page (The D3 Publisher Home Page has official information on every game in the Oneechanbara series.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.