50 Cent: Blood on the Sand (PlayStation 3)

Mature
Gameplay
Misc
3.1
Written by  :  trusteft (5)
Written on  :  Aug 30, 2018
Platform  :  PlayStation 3
Rating  :  3.86 Stars3.86 Stars3.86 Stars3.86 Stars3.86 Stars
read more reviews by trusteft

Summary

TPS goodness

The Good

The shooting mechanisms, the overall gameplay is among the best for third person shooters of its time.
The movement and aiming is good and accurate, the feel of weapons is good, with plenty of kick. There are many collectibles in the levels. As long as you like hip-hop there is good music too.
The graphics and sound design are very good and the whole experience, as long as you don't mind the setting or the swearing, is very worth buying.
An underrated game of its generation that probably drove people away because of the 50 Cent name attachment. A shame as it is a top notch third person shooter.

The Bad

I can't say I found anything I didn't like about it. I guess I wasn't always in the mood for hip-hop music, but that's about it.

The Bottom Line

A very good, solid, third person shooter based in a semi fictional Middle Eastern country. The story is ridiculous, but not more so than say an 80s shoot'em up or movie. It's a beautiful game in all visual and audio aspects. The music is hip-hop so if you don't like it I guess you can disable it.
It's a meaty game with plenty of destruction and swearing. Also there are some turret/vehicle segments.
If you like third person shooters this is a good one.