DescriptionA vehicular combat game set in a cartoon universe with 12 different environments. Wield a massive chainsaw, giant axe or one of 34 other wild weapons. There are 3 gameplay modes: Smack Attack (smack your opponents to gain points), Gate Relay (Pass the Checkpoints 5 times before your enemies do) and Flag Rally (CTF). 6 playable characters with 4 unlockable guest stars. For 1 to 4 players.
There are no PlayStation 3 user screenshots for this game.
There are 18 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "Cel Damage Overdrive" -- PS2 title
- "Cel Damage HD" -- PS3 / PS4 / PS Vita / Xbox One / Switch title
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Chainsaws
- Genre: Car / motorcycle combat
- Launch title: Xbox (North America)
- Visual technique / style: Cel shaded
There are no reviews for the PlayStation 3 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Hidden messagesThere are messages from the developers hidden on top of the jungle temple. To see them the game needs to be in an alternate rendering mode.
Microsoft's involvementAccording to a Gamasutra article for Cel Damage, it was initially known as Cartoon Mayhem and was designed as a racing game with cartoon gags and elements thrown in. The game was intended to be published by Microsoft exclusively for the Xbox. Creative differences between Pseudo Interactive and Microsoft led to the former signing a deal with Electronic Arts.
SequelA sequel, Cel Damage 2, was intended to be released in late 2003 and featured a wealth of improvements, including new gameplay mechanics where the player can go on foot and hijack enemy cars. Sadly, it was cancelled due to the original game's lack of profitability and the lack of any interested publishers.
Related Web Sites
- Cel Damage (The official game website.)
- Cel Damage at Wikipedia (Provides information at a neutral view, free to edit by anyone.)
- TrueAchievements achievement guide (The TrueAchievements achievement guide for Cel Damage HD)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.