Forums > Game Forums > Mafia II > Gah.

Indra was here (20756) on 4/4/2011 8:07 PM · Permalink · Report

The first couple of hours of the game was astounding. It's since been downhill. Gameplay-wise this game somewhat sucks. Now at chapter 11? or something, I've butt naked, surrounded by Irish goons, have no gun since apparently no mobster is smart enough to sleep with a gun under his pillow or near his bed, my house is burning as well as all that doe I got form robbing pubs and gas stations, and I've died already a dozen times.

I'd put this game under the category of developers trying to be annoying.

Adzuken (836) on 4/4/2011 10:46 PM · Permalink · Report

Seriously? What are you having trouble with? You're not trying to fight the goons are you? You're supposed to run.

Indra was here (20756) on 4/5/2011 12:33 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Adzuken wrote--]Seriously? What are you having trouble with? You're not trying to fight the goons are you? You're supposed to run. [/Q --end Adzuken wrote--]Italian mobsters don't run. Even in their underwear. Eventually fought and won. Only to die in a car crash later on. Gaaaaaaaah.

vedder (70767) on 4/5/2011 7:08 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Had a similar experience, killed them all, but attracted a lot of neighbourhood patrols. Got gunned down by a cop eventually.

Eventually just jumped in the nearest car and raced through the park.

Rola (8483) on 4/21/2011 6:52 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra was here wrote--]Italian mobsters don't run.[/Q --end Indra was here wrote--] You've probably mistaken them with the SPARTAns!

BurningStickMan (17916) on 4/4/2011 11:39 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra was here wrote--]I'm butt naked, surrounded by Irish goons, have no gun. [/Q --end Indra was here wrote--]

Every morning for me when I lived in Boston.

Daniel Saner (3503) on 4/7/2011 8:31 PM · Permalink · Report

That was an annoying part. Although for me it was the only one. I also killed all the goons. Figured out the hardest part is to survive long enough to get into a car. After that it's easy to drive back and forth a few times to get them all. And you'll have to do that out of principle.

Indra was here (20756) on 4/21/2011 3:05 AM · Permalink · Report

Finally finished the game. Somewhat a minor cliffhanger ending...though not as bad I as heard it was, though I was expecting more gun fights. Would like to play more games that have this game's similar combat mechanics. Music and atmosphere a little too good for this game. Salutations to whomever composed the soundtrack.

And I'm in love with playmate #35.

Indra was here (20756) on 4/21/2011 10:30 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Are those mugshots for real? I found a wanted poster for Matahari (mugshot #78).

[edit] Er. Wait a minute. Name on the mugshot is Michaela Hercogova.