DescriptionAfter years of street racing and closed circuits, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit returns to the series' roots - scenic tracks, cops versus racers face-off, and, of course, exotic and super cars.
The game is set in the Seacrest County, the land of sunny beaches, snowy mountains, hot deserts and high forests. Its roads are extremely popular within racers community and, hereupon, are filled with cars from all over the world. Because of that, the local police department has to be at one level with law violators in order to keep citizens safe.
You begin the career as a racer and a cop simultaneously. Each one has 20 ranks to achieve, gaining in reward new cars. The racing events are divided into four groups, based on participating car types: sports, performance, super, exotic and hyper, unlocked only when the previous one is finished. Unlike the similar Burnout Paradise, they are accessible only from the map. As a racer, you will experience sprints, time trials and races, with or without police presence. The Law Enforcer's job is a reverse side of the coin - fight the racers and bust them by different means.
Like in old Need for Speed games, the accent is made on the most powerful cars of the world, with Subaru WRX STi, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X at the very bottom and Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport with Koenigsegg CCXR Edition at the top, total of 64.
The game also has an online multiplayer mode (with some extra online game modes made available by the Armed and Dangerous Pack DLC). The new Autolog system is introduced with this mode, with the system tracking the player's friends' records and encourages the player to compete with their times.
There are no PlayStation 3 user screenshots for this game.
There are 54 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Chameleon
- Automobile: Aston Martin One-77
- Automobile: Audi R8
- Automobile: Audi TT
- Automobile: BMW 3 Series
- Automobile: BMW Z4
- Automobile: Bugatti Veyron
- Automobile: Chevrolet Camaro
- Automobile: Chevrolet Corvette
- Automobile: Dodge Charger
- Automobile: Dodge Viper
- Automobile: Ford GT
- Automobile: Ford Mustang
- Automobile: Gumpert Apollo
- Automobile: Koenigsegg Agera
- Automobile: Koenigsegg CCX
- Automobile: Lamborghini Gallardo
- Automobile: Lamborghini Murciélago
- Automobile: Lamborghini Reventón
- Automobile: Mazda RX-8
- Automobile: McLaren F1
- Automobile: McLaren MP4-12C
- Automobile: Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
- Automobile: Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
- Automobile: Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
- Automobile: Nissan GT-R
- Automobile: Pagani Zonda
- Automobile: Porsche 911
- Automobile: Porsche Boxster / Cayman
- Automobile: Porsche Carrera GT
- Automobile: Subaru Impreza
- Genre: Open world driving
- Need for Speed series
- Theme: Street racing
There are no reviews for this game.
|1UP||Nov 15, 2010||A||100|
|Joystiq||Nov 09, 2010||100|
|GamesRadar||Nov 10, 2010||10 out of 10||100|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Nov 09, 2010||9 out of 10||90|
|PlayStation Official Magazine - UK||Dec, 2010||9 out of 10||90|
|We Got This Covered||Dec 01, 2010||90|
|IGN||Nov 08, 2010||9 out of 10||90|
|Fragland.net||Dec 20, 2010||86 out of 100||86|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Nov 26, 2010||86 out of 100||86|
|GameSpot||Nov 17, 2010||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Hot Pursuit Is damn amazing||1||mx movies
Sep 19, 2016
- 2010 – Racing Game of the Year
- GameStar (Germany)
- 2011 - Best PC Racing Game in 2010 (Readers' Voting)
- Spike Video Game Awards
- 2010 - Best Driving Game
Related Web Sites
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (Official website.)
- Wikipedia: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (Entry at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.)
- X360A Achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. (English))
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.