DescriptionThe team the player controlled in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas wasn't the only Rainbow Six-unit in Sin City at the time. Under the command of Team Leader Bishop a second squad cleared the backyards of the city while the other team enjoyed themselves in the casinos. The player takes control over Bishop and visits the other, dirty side of Las Vegas.
The gameplay hasn't changed since the first title so the game again puts four team mates at the player's side which he can give orders with the tactical interface including "Move to" or"Use Gadget". As he moves through the enemy infested areas, getting covered by his team, defusing bombs, rescuing hostages, two of the new features become evident: the Persistent Elite Creation (P.E.C.) and the Advanced Combat Enhancement Specialisation (ACES).
The P.E.C. allows the player to build a unique identity and save his progress from one match to another. Both in single and in multiplayer the player gains experience for killing bad guys and successfully completing objectives. Has he gained enough experience for the next rank, he will unlock new weapons, body armour and other more or less useful items. The ACES-system takes it a step further and rewards you a big chunk of experience and powerful weapons if the player completes challenges inside one of three categories: Marksman, Close Quarters and Assault. These challenges range from simply completing a specific Story Mode map to making a bunch of head shots in a row.
There are no PlayStation 3 user screenshots for this game.
There are 87 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "汤姆克兰西 之 彩虹六号：拉斯维加斯 2" -- Simplified Chinese spelling
- "Rainbow 6: Vegas 2" -- Informal name
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Unreal Engine 3
- Anti-Cheat Technology: PunkBuster
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- Gameplay feature: Paper doll inventory
- Game with creator's name
- Genre: Tactical shooter
- Japanese Xbox 360 games with full English support
- Middleware: DemonWare
- PlayStation 3 Essentials Range releases
- PlayStation 3 Platinum Range releases
- Rainbow Six series
- Setting: City - Las Vegas
- Software Pyramide releases
- Technology: amBX
- Tom Clancy licensees
- Ubisoft eXclusive releases
- Xbox 360 Classics releases
- Xbox 360 Platinum Hits releases
There are no reviews for this game.
|Game Informer Magazine||Apr, 2008||9.5 out of 10||95|
|Game Informer Magazine||Apr, 2008||9.25 out of 10||92|
|GameZone||Mar 25, 2008||8.9 out of 10||89|
|GameSpot||Mar 19, 2008||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Gamer 2.0||Mar 25, 2008||8.3 out of 10||83|
|IGN||Mar 18, 2008||8.2 out of 10||82|
|GBase - The Gamer's Base||Jun 04, 2008||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Game Shark||Apr 09, 2008||B||75|
|4Players.de||Apr 29, 2008||68 out of 100||68|
|Gamekult||Mar 28, 2008||6 out of 10||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesTom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
German versionIn some German versions (at least the German Steam version is not unaffected), the A.G.E.S. system, most blood effects and ragdoll effects on corpses were removed. The multiplayer modes of the censored and uncensored versions are not compatible. A detailed list of changes can be found on Schnittberichte.com (German).
- 2008 – #9 Multiplayer Game of the Year
- GameStar (Germany)
- Issue 04/2009 - One of the "10 Most Terrible Sequels ( It seems the sequel consists of all the missions that failed the quality assurance for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas: boring day missions, non-existent story and logic gaps.)
Related Web Sites
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Rainbow Six Vegas 2)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.