Forums > Game Forums > WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 > Credits Query: Solved

piltdown_man (234960) on 3/29/2014 4:51 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Is anyone able to verify the PS2 credits for this game?
I have the UK version and the developer credits are very, very different. They are identical to WWE Day of Reckoning 2, though when I work down to the THQ Testers list my manual has many additional names and of course there are the credits for the UK team. It especially worries me that all the programmer names are different.
This is my cover art - just so you all know I have the right game : http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g412/grahamsgamepics/lastscan1-1.jpg
and these are my credits, and the SLES-53676 reference is on both : http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g412/grahamsgamepics/cred.jpg

08/04/2014: Credits entered and approved - thanks for all the help.

Terok Nor (41968) on 3/29/2014 5:20 PM · Permalink · Report

The source given for the existing credits is the US manual, but there were no images for proof. It's possible the credits belong to a different game - it wouldn't be the first time that has happened. Might also be a misprinted manual or who knows what.

piltdown_man (234960) on 3/31/2014 10:57 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks for the response.

I think I have two options:

• Alter everything that's current to match my credits, which assumes that the existing credits are in error, or
  • Set up new 'UK Credits' groups and enter the whole set afresh, which accepts that the existing credits may be correct - it could be the US version shipped with duff documentation
  • Any thoughts on which is preferred?

Kabushi (261192) on 4/1/2014 8:08 AM · Permalink · Report

You can see the in-game credits here. Compare with those and see which set is most accurate.

piltdown_man (234960) on 4/2/2014 10:13 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Thanks for this. I don't use YOUTUBE at all and this is not the first time it has been suggested as a resource. I keep overlooking it. Could not see a credits option on the menu - now I see why

Having seen this I am surprised that it is so very different to the credits in the manual. I will load my retail version and see if I can duplicate the credits shown here, but probably tomorrow.

Much obliged

Update: I can't access the in-game credits in my game. That option is greyed out and I'm not good enough to win a match if that's what is needed to unlock it. I've done the only other thing I can think of, I've logged a query with the developers, Yukes.

Lain Crowley (6629) on 4/4/2014 2:43 PM · Permalink · Report

If you're playing the game in an emulator there's a completed save file here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/929017-wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2006/saves

piltdown_man (234960) on 4/4/2014 8:35 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Thanks. Never thought to look for one of these. Isn't the internet a wonderful place.

Update: I downloaded the European save game and loaded it into a PS2 emulator. The credits shown on screen matched the credits on Youtube, which means they are very similar to the ones on file - there are some group headings, and a couple of missing names, and groups to be added.

The manual still differs from both of these so I'll have to get a bit creative. With luck I should have this wrapped up by tomorrow