Not an American user?
DescriptionAs Tal, your job is to single-handedly clear out the aliens who have invaded a desolate and destroyed post-nuclear earth. To have any chance of this, he must locate a sacred suit of armor. Not only will this protect him from radiation, and allow him to withstand some enemy contact, it also heals him, and enables him to float.
This means that the game has two distinct styles, with your character limited to jumping, and with only rocks (located around the screens) to throw. Once he finds the suit he can fly around the ledges, shoot the inbuilt Pulsar beam, and survive within the volcanic hideout the aliens have based themselves. You will need to recharge the suit at times, and also take it off to pass through tight caverns.
- "Sacred Armour of Antiriad, The" -- UK title
- "Rad-Warrior" -- US PC title screen
- "Radwarrior" -- Apple II, TR-80 CoCo and Commodore 64 in-game title
- "La Armadura Sagrada de Antiriad" -- Spanish title
- "Die Heilige Rüstung des Antiriad" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Commodore 64||Oct, 1986||9.75 out of 10||98|
|Zzap!||Commodore 64||Dec, 1986||93 out of 100||93|
|Crash!||ZX Spectrum||Dec, 1986||89 out of 100||89|
|Computer Gamer||Commodore 64||Nov, 1986||17 out of 20||85|
|Happy Computer||Commodore 64||Dec, 1986||81 out of 100||81|
|Computer Gamer||ZX Spectrum||Dec, 1986||80 out of 100||80|
|Your Sinclair||ZX Spectrum||Apr, 1989||8 out of 10||80|
|Your Sinclair||ZX Spectrum||Jan, 1987||8 out of 10||80|
|Crash!||ZX Spectrum||May, 1989||74 out of 100||74|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Stanley Schembri on ZX Spectrum credits or not?||2||Sciere (611988)
Sep 30, 2017
TriviaWhat's the story behind the name "Antiriad"? In the game, barbarian hero Tal searches for a prized artifact, a radiation suit. On one of artist Dan Malone's sketches, this suit had »ANTI-RAD« printed on the front. However, there's a small tear between the letter R and A so that it looks like »ANTI-RIAD«. The term stuck.
Source: Happy Computer magazine #5/86
Related Web Sites
- CPC-Power (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; game packaging; manual digitalizations; goodies; advertisement; magazine reviews; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- CPCRrulez (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; advertisement; game packaging; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- Kio's home (For ZX Spectrum: additional material including – photographed cassette inlay; snapshots; downloadable releases.)
- Lemon 64 (For Commodore 64: game entry database; advertisement; magazine reviews; music; documentation; cover art; additional material.)
- The Tipshop (For ZX Spectrum: a central archive for all Spectrum and SAM games hints, tips, cheats, maps, hacks and pokes.)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Encyclopaedic entry for the combined platforms of the game.)
- World of Spectrum (For ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material including – cassette inlay, advertisement, instructions; remakes links; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts.)