DescriptionResident Evil Outbreak returns you to the Umbrella Corporation's disaster that consumed Raccoon city. You play one of eight ordinary citizens of Raccoon city attempting to survive the carnage caused by the T-Virus. When attacked by enemies the amount of T-Virus in the player character's body increases; if this reaches 100% they become a zombie. The player can defend themselves with a range of weapons including pipes, handguns and rocket launchers.
There are five different scenarios in this game. Initially only one is open to you, this is concerned with the outbreak in the city, but upon its completion further scenarios with different plots and locations become available.
Gameplay is similar to the previous Resident Evil games. It consists mainly of exploring, solving puzzles, finding items and of course surviving. This is also the first game of the resident evil franchise that can be played on-line, with up to four people playing cooperatively in order to survive.
- "生化危机：爆发" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "REO" -- Common abbreviation
- "Biohazard: Outbreak" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
- BioHazard / Resident Evil series
- Middleware: CRI
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Theme: Zombies
|GamePro (US)||Jun 19, 2006||4.5 out of 5||90|
|PlayFrance||Feb 27, 2004||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Gamesmania.de||Sep 27, 2004||78 out of 100||78|
|IGN||Mar 26, 2004||7.6 out of 10||76|
|Game Informer Magazine||May, 2004||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Sep 16, 2004||14 out of 20||70|
|GameSpy||Mar 30, 2004||60|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Aug 13, 2004||5 out of 10||50|
|Diehard GameFan||Apr 21, 2004||50 out of 100||50|
|G4 TV: X-Play||Apr 10, 2006||2 out of 5||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DevelopmentThe younger Black character in this game, Jim, was originally designed as a comic relief character for the original game. (Perhaps they realized how unintentionally hilarious the game was already?)
European releaseIn Europe, the publisher decided to release this game without the possibility to play online, which wasn't a very smart idea as the whole game was intended to play with friends and not alone.
SalesAccording to publisher Capcom, Resident Evil: Outbreak has sold 1.45 million copies worldwide since its initial release (as of June 30, 2016).
Related Web Sites
- Capcom-Europe Official Web Site (Official Capcom-Europe site for "Resident Evil: Outbreak".)
- Resident Evil Fan (With tons of videos, artwork, interviews and a Resident Evil encyclopedia, this fansite contains everything that the passionate fan could ask for.)
- Wikipedia: Resident Evil: Outbreak (Information about Resident Evil: Outbreak at Wikipedia)
Single Player System Designers: