Not an American user?
DescriptionRoadsters is a car racing game that features both licensed cars from manufacturers like Mitsubishi, Alfa Romeo, Lotus, etc., and unlicensed cars from imaginary manufacturers that are based and bear great resemblance to their equivalent, real car models. The game has 8 racers and 34 cars from which you can choose from and 4 modes in total:
- Roadster Trophy – The player starts by selecting one of the available racers and is given a sum of money that must be used to acquire a car. There are 3 divisions in which the player can compete on with the 3rd being of the easiest difficulty and requiring less money to participate; the 1st being the most difficult one and needing a higher amount of money in order to participate. More money can be earned by winning the races and that in turn allows to buy new cars or upgrade the ones that are already in possession.
- Multi-Player – Multi-player mode supports up to 2 human players that can compete in any of the available circuits with 4 more CPU controlled racers. The mode allows for either vertical or horizontal split screen.
- Quick Race – In Quick Race the player can select the racer, car, circuit and weather conditions, and race against 7 more CPU controlled players.
- Time Trial – Like Quick Race mode, the player can also select here the racer, car, circuit and weather conditions but without the competition of the other modes, the player races against time for as many laps as the player wants.
- "Roadsters Trophy" -- Nintendo 64 In-game title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Total! (Germany)||Nintendo 64||1999||1.75 out of 6||85|
|Game Play 64||Nintendo 64||Dec, 1999||85 out of 100||85|
|Consoles Plus||Nintendo 64||Dec, 1999||82 out of 100||82|
|NowGamer||PlayStation||Dec 05, 1999||8 out of 10||80|
|Super Play (Sweden)||Nintendo 64||Dec, 1999||73 out of 100||73|
|All Game Guide||Nintendo 64||1999||60|
|Game Revolution||Nintendo 64||Apr 01, 2000||C||50|
|Gamers' Republic||Dreamcast||Apr, 2000||C-||42|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Dreamcast||Jun 20, 1999||20|
|The Video Game Critic||Dreamcast||Sep 16, 2014||F||0|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|PS1 Credits and Cover Art||2||Freeman (65352)
Jul 13, 2019
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
Nintendo 64 Credits (1 people)
Rob Stevens (wrote all the code (except the vehicle to vehicle collisions) [uncredited])