DescriptionRoary The Racing Car: Pitstop Puzzles is a collection of simple, mouse controlled mini-games for children aged from three years old and upwards. It is based on a British TV series that ran from mid 2007 to late 2010. From the main menu there are seven mini games and one activity;
- Meet The Cast: This shows the player some static screens with pictures of all the characters in the series. As the mouse moves over them a short biography, accompanied by a brief sound clip, is displayed. There is no auto-movement in this game. The player clicks to roll the dice, the game shows which square they advance to by placing a green marker on it, the player must click on the marker to move their vehicle. All movements are accompanied by the sound of revving engines with skids and bridges triggering further sound clips.
- Skids & Bridges: This is a game for up to four players. It's based on Snakes and Ladders, the players click to roll a dice and move around the board accordingly. If they land on a skid they move backwards while a bridge helps them advance.
- Doughnut Solitaire: This mini game is based on Peg Solitaire where the player has to jump pegs/tokens, or in this game doughnuts, over each other until just one remains in the centre of the board. The game has two levels of play, Easy & Hard.
- Apple Catchers: Here the player drives around a grid made of hay bales collecting apples.
- Noughts & Crosses: This can be played against the computer in either Easy or Hard mode, or against a friend in hot-seat mode
- Wordsearch: There are fifteen puzzles here, five 'easy' puzzles played on a 4x4 grid, five tricky' puzzles played on a 5x5 grid and five 'hard puzzles played on a 6x6 grid, the number of words to be found varies with the difficulty level. The player highlights the word by putting the mouse on either of the end letters and dragging it to the other end, they then click on the word to select it.
- Sliding Tiles; These are a collection of sliding block puzzles, there are four 2x2 puzzles, two 3x3 puzzle, three 2x3 puzzles and nine 4x4 puzzles. Game play is pretty standard, the player is shown the image, it's divided into rectangles from which one is removed and the remainder are shuffled. The player clicks on a tile near the empty space to move it and continues until the picture is reassembled.
- Jigsaws: There are twenty pictures which can be split into either four, nine or sixteen pieces which the player has to reassemble. All pieces are dragged into position with the mouse, there is no need to rotate them when reassembling the picture.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Tic-Tac-Toe
- Genre: Board game - Peg solitaire
- Genre: Jigsaw puzzle
- Genre: Sliding block / tile puzzle
- Genre: Word / Number Puzzle - Word Search
- Inspiration: TV series
- Roary the Racing Car licensees
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.