Not an American user?
DescriptionSaboteur combines platform, beat 'em up and stealth elements, setting you as a lone samurai trying to infiltrate an enemy complex. You are capable of all manner of ninja-style moves including kicks and punches, as well as using weaponry. You must travel through an underground complex linked mainly by platforms and ladders, before triggering a bomb and escaping the complex. Your energy recharges if you stay still, so finding areas free of guards (kill these for money) and dogs (avoid them; killing them gains you nothing) is useful, especially as you only have one life. There's plenty of object manipulation involved, although only one item can ever be carried at a time.
- "Saboteur!" -- Encore Commodore 64 re-release title
- "Ninja Darkness" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
|An interesting adventure with various levels of difficulty||Amstrad CPC||Marios Amontaristos (14)|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||ZX Spectrum||Apr, 1986||9.5 out of 10||95|
|Crash!||ZX Spectrum||Jan, 1986||93 out of 100||93|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||ZX Spectrum||Jan, 1986||37 out of 40||92|
|Commodore Format||Commodore 64||Mar, 1994||90 out of 100||90|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||ZX Spectrum||Oct 18, 2007||8 out of 10||80|
|Your Sinclair||ZX Spectrum||Oct, 1988||8 out of 10||80|
|Zzap!||Commodore 64||Aug, 1986||75 out of 100||75|
|Commodore User||Commodore 64||Jul, 1986||7 out of 10||70|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Amstrad CPC||Jun, 1986||7 out of 10||70|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Commodore 16, Plus/4||Sep, 1987||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
SalesAccording to the magazine Retro Gamer, the game sold about 100.000 copies.
Related Web Sites
- Cambridge Centre for Computing History (Encore/Elite re-release) (For Amstrad CPC464: exhibit reference ID CH19969; additional material.)
- Cambridge Centre for Computing History (Encore re-release) (For Commodore 64: exhibit reference ID CH35602; additional material.)
- Commodore Plus/4 World (For Commodore 16, Plus/4: downloadable releases; online emulation of game; software sets; additional material.)
- CPC-Power (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; package material; manual digitalizations; goodies; advertisement; magazine reviews; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- CPCRrulez (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; advertisement; package material; downloadable releases; media; additional material.)
- IMDb, the Internet Movie Database (For combined platforms: game database entry.)
- Kio's home (For ZX Spectrum: additional material including – photographed cassete inlay; snapshots; downloadable releases.)
- Lemon 64 (For C64: game entry database; magazine reviews; music; cover art digitalizations; additional material.)
- Program Bytes 48K: 100 juegos representativos del ZX Spectrum en 10 minutos (Article in Spanish for the ZX Spectrum.)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Encyclopaedic entry for combined platforms.)
- World of Spectrum (for ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material including – cassete inlay, advertisement, instructions; remakes links; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts.)
- ZX Spectrum Reviews (For ZX Spectrum: magazine game reviews in HTML.)