🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > S.C.A.R.S. > Title correct?

Sicarius (61518) on 9/3/2010 7:03 AM · Permalink · Report

Just wondering if " (Super Computer Animal Racing Simulation)" should really be included in the main title. At least on the cover art on file there always only seems to be "S.C.A.R.S." shown. So maybe make "Super Computer Animal Racing Simulation" an alternate "Full title" or something?

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (95187) on 9/3/2010 7:09 AM · Permalink · Report

Doesn't seem to have that full title on the North American covers either. Should be an AKA.

Alaka (106107) on 9/3/2010 7:12 AM · Permalink · Report

Also, it could just get a brief mention in the description if there isn't a good way to add it as an alternate title.

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (95187) on 9/3/2010 7:19 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start ALAKA wrote--]Also, it could just get a brief mention in the description if there isn't a good way to add it as an alternate title. [/Q --end ALAKA wrote--] Also, for whatever reason, the American covers seem to omit the period at the end of the title, so it should be S.C.A.R.S

...which looks really dumb.

Kabushi (261206) on 9/3/2010 8:14 AM · Permalink · Report

The back cover has the full title.

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (95187) on 9/3/2010 8:34 AM · Permalink · Report

I was unaware that we used back covers for main titles. It looks more like a header than a title to me, anyway.

Regardless, NA releases take precedence anyway, and that stupid acronym is nowhere to be seen. I sure as hell had no idea what it stood for when I had this game back when it came out.

Kabushi (261206) on 9/3/2010 9:11 AM · Permalink · Report

Ok, I've changed it.

Lain Crowley (6629) on 9/3/2010 4:13 PM · Permalink · Report

I think they used an alternate logo with the full title underneath the acronym in the print ads, but I'd have to dig my NPs back out of the closet to verify that. Not that it would make much difference, of course.