Strider Trivia (SEGA Master System)
1001 Video GamesThe Arcade version of Strider appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Differences between versionsStrider for the Playstation is a port of the original arcade game, and is included on a separate bonus disc with Strider 2. TurboGrafx CD version of the game adds one extra-level, the desert. Also cutscenes and voice-overs were changed and music was remixed in redbook audio.
Strider Manga SeriesStrider is originally based off a manga series published in 1988 co-owned by Capcom.
Unreleased SAM Coupé versionWhen the SAM Coupé computer (which was derived from the Spectrum but had similar graphics power to 16-bit machines) was launched, US Gold declared that "If, as with Strider, we've already produced a games across all common formats, all we have to do is simply take the code from the Speccy version and the graphics from the ST and sort of mix them together. This should take one bloke around two weeks at most". Whether this was the case or not (and it doesn't sound like good programming practice), the game was never converted to the system.
- Electronic Gaming Monthly
- October 1990 (Issue 15) - Best Game of the Year (Genesis version)
- October 1990 (Issue 15) - Best Graphics in a Game (Genesis version)
- ST Format
- January 1990 (Issue 6) - Included in the list 50 Games of the Year
- May 1990 (Issue #10) - Included in the list "ST Format's 30 Kick-Ass Classics"