1001 Video Games
appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die
by General Editor Tony Mott.
on his Amiga port of The Sentinel
Basically it’s still the Atari ST version on the Amiga. I looked at the ST code and didn’t change much. When the code finishes drawing a frame, a subroutine of mine kicks in and turns it into the Amiga’s data format. This happens so fast that nobody will notice a difference.
- October 1988 (issue #13) - Included in the Top-100 list of 1987/1988 (editorial staff selection)
- March 1991 (issue #42) - Included in the list Greatest Games of all Time in category Original Games (editorial staff choice)
- Amiga Power
- May 1991 (Issue #00) - #20 in the "All Time Top 100 Amiga Games"
- Commodore Format
- June 1991 (Issue 9) - listed in the A to Z of Classic Games article (Great)
- Happy Computer
- Issue 01/1988 - Best Strategy Game in 1987
- Power Play
- 1987 - Best CPC Game '87
- 1987 - #2 Best Spectrum Game '87
- ST Format
- May 1990 (Issue #10) - Included in the list "ST Format's 30 Kick-Ass Classics"
- January 1990 (Issue 57) – 'The Best Games of the 80's Decade' (Stuart Wynne / Phil King)