DescriptionOriginating in the arcades, Dragon Buster is an action platform game composed out of several large levels, each one containing various stages: a cave, a tower, a castle, etc. The player's goal in every level is to reach the final stage where the protagonist faces the level boss. There are often several ways to reach the final stages, and not all stages are necessary to visit. Equipped with a sword, the player character moves through platform stages, clearing them of diverse monsters, collecting power-ups and trying to stay in good health until the level boss, since it is impossible to heal between the stages. The hero's life meter (called "vitality" in the game) is the first introduction of such a feature to action games.
- "Video Game: Anthology - Vol. 7: Dragon Buster" -- Sharp X68000 title
- "Dragon Quest" -- working title
- "Arcade Archives: Dragon Buster" -- PS4 / Switch title
- "アーケードアーカイブス ドラゴンバスター" -- Japanese PS4 / Switch spelling
- "ドラゴンバスター" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Arcade Archives series
- Dragon Buster series
- Game Center CX challenge games
- Video Game Anthology series
- Video games turned into board / card games
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.