Forums > Game Forums > A-Train > PlayStation version

Lance Boyle (1532) on 3/27/2010 7:20 PM · Permalink · Report

Apparently it's the American version of A.IV Evolution Global, because the intros are the same thing, the language selection screens are the same and the game itself is the same. In the intro it STILL shows the game's logo, but, after it, it shows the logo of the US version ("A-Train: Trains, Power, Money") in a background with the A-Train IV/A.IV logo

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (93698) on 3/28/2010 5:23 AM · Permalink · Report

Indeed, the PS1 version isn't A-Train 3 like the PC versions are, so that should definitely be moved over. Incidentally, there's also another version of A-Train 4 on the PS1 called A.IV Evolution, but I don't know how it differs either from the PC A-Train 4 or the PS1 A.IV Evolution Global... Anyone into trains and want to clean this up? :P

Also, the names in this series seem to be a bit messed up. Some of the Japanese releases seem to use "A Ressha de Ikou", "Take the A-Train", "A-Train", and "A5" etc on the package, sometimes several different ones right next to each other...

Unicorn Lynx (181780) on 3/28/2010 11:57 AM · Permalink · Report

For the sake of consistency, I think we should use "Take the A-Train" as "Japanese Title", since it's official (though in English language), and A列車で行こう as "Japanese Spelling".

Lance Boyle (1532) on 4/1/2010 12:31 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start djsquarewave wrote--]Indeed, the PS1 version isn't A-Train 3 like the PC versions are, so that should definitely be moved over. Incidentally, there's also another version of A-Train 4 on the PS1 called A.IV Evolution, but I don't know how it differs either from the PC A-Train 4 or the PS1 A.IV Evolution Global... Anyone into trains and want to clean this up? :P [/Q --end djsquarewave wrote--]

Didn't know there was a regular A.IV Evolution. Apparently it was the PS1's fourth game in Japan (product code SLPS-00004). But the PS1 A-Train that Maxis released in the US is A.IV Evolution Global. Regular A.IV Evolution was a Japanese exclusive