DescriptionIn Transylvania, people lived in fear of the evil Count Dracula. The ultimate embodiment of evil, Dracula swept his dark hand over the land, making the people mere sheep for his thirst for blood. But when a young woman named Sonia Belmont came forth to confront him, he made a horrible mistake: he underestimated her. Thus, the battle between Dracula and the Belmont family began.
Now, in the late 18th century, the battle still rages on...
Dracula has been resurrected by a cult of black magic to cast his shadow of fear and terror over the land once again. But now, Dracula takes his fight to those the Belmonts are close to. He kidnaps two girls, Annette and Maria Renard, to bring forth the latest Belmont, so that he may destroy the bloodline for good.
Richter Belmont, Annette's lover, has no choice now, but to take up the legendary Vampire Killer and follow his destiny: to battle Dracula and save Annette and Maria.
- "悪魔城ドラキュラXX" -- Japanese spelling
- "Castlevania: Vampire's Kiss" -- European title
- "Akumajo Dracula XX" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
|Hard to find...but worth it.||Stefan K (6)|
|Castlevania goes back to it's roots!||Joshua Price (28)|
|What did SNES gamers do to deserve this?||Fake Spam (94)|
|Clearly a step back||Katharian Berg (19)|
|RetroGame Man||Jun 15, 2017||9 out of 10||90|
|Video Chums||Oct 29, 2014||9 out of 10||90|
|Hobby Consolas||Sep, 1995||85 out of 100||85|
|Original Gamer||Jan 06, 2009||8.4 out of 10||84|
|Video Game Den||Nov 08, 2012||80|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Feb 01, 2014||15 out of 20||75|
|GameCola.net||Jan, 2008||7.2 out of 10||72|
|Mega Fun||Aug, 1995||69 out of 100||69|
|Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM)||Oct, 1995||27 out of 40||68|
|Video Games||Aug, 1995||58 out of 100||58|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Dracula XEven though this game is called Dracula X and stars Richter Belmont, it is NOT exactly the same game that appeared on the PC Engine Duo in Japan. Rather, this game is loosely based on it, henceforth why Richter stars in it and why the look is partially similar.
Version differencesIn the European and US version of the game christian symbols and the Grim Reaper's death animation were changed. In the European version blood was also recoloured from red to white.
Related Web Sites
- The Castlevania Dungeon (A hosted fan "shrine" site devoted to all the games of the Castlevania series, including the SNES game Castlevania: Dracula X. Content includes game info/descriptions, plot summaries, various kinds of media (images, MP3s, etc.) and links to other Castlevania-related sites. )
- Video review of the Castlevania series (WARNING: Language) (The Angry Video Game Nerd, James Rolfe, reviews games in the Castlevania series. In part 3, he reviews Super Castlevania IV and Castlevania: Dracula X, both on SNES as well as Castlevania on Nintendo 64. He mentions Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness but does not review it.)