DescriptionDonkey Kong has been "kongnapped" by the nasty K. Rool and the Kremlings, and it is up to Diddy Kong and his girl-friend Dixie Kong to save him.
All the familiar enemies and helpful friends return, along with some new characters, including the wise Wrinkly Kong who will teach you some important lessons in gameplay. Again the emphasis is on banana collecting, where as every one hundred bananas makes one extra life. Apart from beating K. Rool and rescuing Donkey Kong, there are extra missions that can be completed. Collect enough K. Rool Kremkoins to open up the routes to the Lost World, while every level has a hidden Hero Coin to collect.
- "大金刚城市2" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Super Donkey Kong 2: Dixie & Diddy" -- Japanese SNES title
- "Super Donkey Kong 2" -- Japanese GBA title
- "Donkey Kong Country 2" -- US GBA title
- "DKC 2" -- Common abbreviation
- "Dajingang Chengshi 2" -- Chinese title
- "スーパードンキーコング２ ディクシー＆ディディー" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Animals: Primates (monkeys or apes)
- Donkey Kong Country series
- Donkey Kong games
- Game Center CX challenge games
- Nintendo Player's Choice releases
|The best game in the DKC series||gamewarrior (5060)|
|The Video Game Critic||Nov 01, 1999||A||100|
|GamePro (US)||Dec, 1995||5 out of 5||100|
|Nintendojo||Jun 19, 2003||9.9 out of 10||99|
|Total! (Germany)||Dec, 1995||1.25 out of 6||95|
|Game Players||Dec, 1995||94 out of 100||94|
|VicioJuegos.com||Jun 20, 2005||94 out of 100||94|
|Ultimate Gamer Magazine||Jan, 1996||9 out of 10||90|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Aug 22, 2009||18 out of 20||90|
|IGN||May 29, 2007||8.8 out of 10||88|
|Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM)||Dec, 1995||8.6 out of 10||86|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Cancelled DOS portAccording to David Wise, an DOS port was planned, but was cancelled because Nintendo wouldn't let them get away with that.
- In Cranky's Museum (SNES and Wii version), a poster of the character Thunder from Killer Instinct can be seen on the wall.
- After participating in Cranky Kong's "Video Game Heroes" contest, the players' results are tallied on a screen that shows the three top-scoring characters standing on pedestals. If you look below this, you will see Sonic the Hedgehog's red sneakers and Earthworm Jim's trademark plasma gun discarded alongside a trash can and a sign reading "NO HOPERS". Apparently they didn't make the cut.
- Game Informer
- August 2001 (Issue 100) - #65 in the "Top 100 Games of All Time" poll
- Game Players
- Vol. 8, No. 13 (Holiday Edition) - Best SNES Game of the Year 1995
- Vol. 8, No. 13 (Holiday Edition) - Best 16-Bit Graphics of the Year 1995
- Mega Fun
- 1996 - SNES Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Donkey Kong Country 2 (Nintendo's official web site for the GBA version)
- OC ReMix Game Profile (Fan remixes of music from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.)