Not an American user?
DescriptionSonic Heroes is a 3D action-platformer in which the player takes control of a team of 3 characters, each with a special ability - speed, fly and power. The objective of the game is to race through levels as quickly as possible whilst defeating enemies and collecting rings. Your time, rings and enemies defeated make up a point system, and more points mean a higher rank on the level. There are 4 teams of characters each with their own changes to the gameplay:
- Team Sonic is the intermediate difficulty featuring Sonic (speed), Tails (fly) and Knuckles (power).
- Team Shadow is the hard difficulty featuring Shadow (speed), Rogue (fly) and E-123 Omega (power).
- Team Rose is the easy difficulty featuring Amy (speed), Cream (fly) and Big (power).
- Team Chaotix features new mission-based objectives with Espio (speed), Charmy (fly) and Vector (power).
The game features 4 modes:
- Story Mode, giving players the opportunity to play through levels as the story progresses.
- Challenge Mode, giving players the opportunity to replay levels that they have previously cleared in Story Mode
- Battle Mode, a multiplayer mode where players can race or battle each other
- Tutorial Mode, teaching players the basics of playing the game.
- "索尼克英雄" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "ソニックヒーローズ" -- Japanese spelling
- "소닉히어로즈" -- Korean spelling
- Animals: Hedgehogs
- Game feature: BGM / music player
- Game feature: FMV / cutscene player
- Game feature: Original theme song
- Middleware: CRI
- Middleware: RenderWare
- Nintendo Player's Choice releases
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Sonic the Hedgehog universe
- Technology: amBX
- Xbox Classics releases
- Xbox Platinum Family Hits releases
Part of the Following Groups
|Far better then many give it credit ...||GameCube||Kartanym (12758)|
|A New Day Brings New Adventure||GameCube||Rachael Blenkin (2)|
|Horrid, half-assed, failed attempt at resurrecting a dying breed of game.||GameCube||AG Wolf (278)|
|Sonics PS2 debut - and it's not bad!||PlayStation 2||pottyboy (73)|
|Not the best but fun||GameCube||Sonicfanx (10)|
|Easily-pleased youngsters or Sonic fans might like this. Otherwise....||PlayStation 2||Gary Smith (65)|
|4 teams and 12 high speed characters!||GameCube||knuckles-rox (11)|
|Why? Seriously? WHY?!||Windows||AaronGamer (45)|
|Not bad 3D platformer, but has some lacks||Windows||M R (12)|
|Sonic in 2D = good. Sonic in 3D? Disappointment!||PlayStation 2||Reborn_Demon (136)|
|SEGA-Portal.de||Xbox||Sep 20, 2009||8 out of 10||80|
|4Players.de||Windows||Nov 20, 2004||78 out of 100||78|
|Game Informer Magazine||GameCube||Jan, 2004||7.75 out of 10||78|
|GameSpot||GameCube||Jan 06, 2004||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Windows||Dec 24, 2004||72 out of 100||72|
|IGN||Windows||Dec 10, 2004||7 out of 10||70|
|X-Power||Xbox||Feb 15, 2004||7 out of 10||70|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Xbox||Feb 03, 2004||14 out of 20||70|
|Nintendo Difference||GameCube||Mar 12, 2004||13 out of 20||65|
|Gamezine||PlayStation 2||Feb 26, 2004||13 out of 20||65|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|A New Day Begins New Adventure||84||DJP Mom (11381)
Aug 24, 2007
MilestoneThis was the first Sonic game to be released on multiple platforms (Nintendo GameCube, Sony PlayStation 2 and Microsoft Xbox) simultaneously.
Team ChaotixTeam Chaotix is made up of three of the main characters from Knuckles' Chaotix.
Related Web Sites
GameCube Credits (175 people)
174 developers, 1 thanks