DescriptionSonic Heroes is a 3D action-platformer in which the player takes control of a team of 3 characters, each with a special ability - speed, fly and power. The objective of the game is to race through levels as quickly as possible whilst defeating enemies and collecting rings. Your time, rings and enemies defeated make up a point system, and more points mean a higher rank on the level. There are 4 teams of characters each with their own changes to the gameplay:
- Team Sonic is the intermediate difficulty featuring Sonic (speed), Tails (fly) and Knuckles (power).
- Team Shadow is the hard difficulty featuring Shadow (speed), Rogue (fly) and E-123 Omega (power).
- Team Rose is the easy difficulty featuring Amy (speed), Cream (fly) and Big (power).
- Team Chaotix features new mission-based objectives with Espio (speed), Charmy (fly) and Vector (power).
- Story Mode, giving players the opportunity to play through levels as the story progresses.
- Challenge Mode, giving players the opportunity to replay levels that they have previously cleared in Story Mode
- Battle Mode, a multiplayer mode where players can race or battle each other
- Tutorial Mode, teaching players the basics of playing the game.
- "索尼克英雄" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "ソニックヒーローズ" -- Japanese spelling
- "소닉히어로즈" -- Korean spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Animals: Hedgehogs
- Game feature: BGM / music player
- Game feature: FMV / cutscene player
- Game feature: Original theme song
- Middleware: CRI
- Middleware: RenderWare
- Nintendo Player's Choice releases
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Software Pyramide releases
- Sonic the Hedgehog universe
- Technology: amBX
- Xbox Classics releases
- Xbox Platinum Family Hits releases
|Far better then many give it credit ...||GameCube||Kartanym (12706)|
|A New Day Brings New Adventure||GameCube||Rachael Blenkin (2)|
|Horrid, half-assed, failed attempt at resurrecting a dying breed of game.||GameCube||AG Wolf (277)|
|Sonics PS2 debut - and it's not bad!||PlayStation 2||pottyboy (73)|
|Not the best but fun||GameCube||Sonicfanx (10)|
|Easily-pleased youngsters or Sonic fans might like this. Otherwise....||PlayStation 2||Gary Smith (65)|
|4 teams and 12 high speed characters!||GameCube||knuckles-rox (11)|
|Why? Seriously? WHY?!||Windows||AaronGamer (45)|
|Not bad 3D platformer, but has some lacks||Windows||M R (12)|
|Sonic in 2D = good. Sonic in 3D? Disappointment!||PlayStation 2||Reborn_Demon (136)|
|Next Level Gaming||Xbox||Jan 31, 2004||90 out of 100||90|
|Game Informer Magazine||GameCube||Jan, 2004||7.75 out of 10||78|
|4Players.de||PlayStation 2||Feb 29, 2004||77 out of 100||77|
|GameZone||PlayStation 2||Jan 30, 2004||7.3 out of 10||73|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Windows||Dec 24, 2004||72 out of 100||72|
|GameZone||Windows||Jan 20, 2005||7 out of 10||70|
|Jeuxvideo.com||GameCube||Feb 06, 2004||14 out of 20||70|
|Diehard GameFan||GameCube||Feb 02, 2004||6.7 out of 10||67|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||PlayStation 2||Feb 13, 2004||6 out of 10||60|
|GameSpy||Xbox||Jan 31, 2004||60|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|A New Day Begins New Adventure||84||DJP Mom (11375)
Aug 24, 2007
MilestoneThis was the first Sonic game to be released on multiple platforms (Nintendo GameCube, Sony PlayStation 2 and Microsoft Xbox) simultaneously.
Team ChaotixTeam Chaotix is made up of three of the main characters from Knuckles' Chaotix.
PlayStation 2 versionThe PlayStation 2 version is infamous for being poorly optimised and performing badly due to the weaker nature of the PS2's hardware when compared to the Xbox or GameCube. The PS2 version runs in 30fps with additional frame drops as opposed to the GameCube and Xbox's 60fps. The PS2 version also suffers from a lower draw distance and longer loading times. Another oddity exclusive to the American PS2 version is that, on menu screens, O acts as the primary "enter" button and X acts as the back button, similarly to how Japanese PlayStation games are controlled; the European version uses the correct button layout.
Related Web Sites
GameCube Credits (175 people)
174 developers, 1 thanks