DescriptionRoger Wilco is one of the most important men on the starship Arcada: he is the janitor! Just when he was doing what he does best (dozing off in a closet), the shrill sound of an alarm penetrated the air. Arcada is attacked by the evil Sariens! Before Roger realizes what is going on, he discovers that he is the only survivor. The Sariens have killed the entire crew and stolen the valuable Star Generator. Roger's immediate task is to find a way to leave Arcada, which is about to explode in fifteen minutes. And then he'll have to show the Sariens why they should never mess with brave intergalactic janitors!
Space Quest: The Sarien Encounter is a humorous sci-fi adventure game made with Sierra's AGI engine. The gameplay is similar to that of King's Quest: the player navigates Roger around with arrow keys and interacts with the game world by typing commands. There are puzzles to solve and plenty of situations where the player will have to use his wit to save Roger from death.
- "Star Quest" -- Working title
- "SQ1" -- Common abbreviated / informal title
- "Space Quest 1" -- Informal title
- "Space Quest" -- Informal title
Part of the Following Groups
- Game Engine: Adventure Game Interpreter (AGI)
- Gameplay feature: Gambling
- Games made into comics
- Space Quest series
|Tilt||Amiga||May, 1987||17 out of 20||85|
|All Game Guide||DOS||1998||80|
|Tilt||DOS||Apr, 1987||16 out of 20||80|
|The Games Machine (UK)||Amiga||Dec, 1987||74 out of 100||74|
|Adventure Gamers||DOS||Jan 04, 2008||70|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||Atari ST||1993||61 out of 100||61|
|ST Format||Atari ST||Mar, 1995||30 out of 100||30|
|Commodore User||Amiga||Sep, 1987||2 out of 10||20|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Anyone knows what that plant is for?||24||Pseudo_Intellectual (45467)
May 31, 2007
TriviaThe box actually included two retail coupons that you could use in the game.
One set from this game (The city on Planet Kerona) was reused in Space Quest IV.
Related Web Sites
- Hints for Space Quest 1 (These question and answer hints will help you solve the game without spoiling it for you.)
- Roger Wilco's virtual broomcloset (Site dedicated to the SQ series. )
- ScummVM (supports the DOS, Macintosh, Amiga, Atari ST and Apple IIgs versions of Space Quest: The Sarien Encounter under Windows, Linux, Macintosh and other platforms.)
- SpaceQuest.Net - Space Quest 1 Story (The most comprehensive site about Space Quest 1, both EGA and VGA versions: Basic game information, hints (with scans of the official hint book), documentation (downloadable PDF manual), demos and even design sketches.)
- Space Quest Treasure Trove (Your key to the Golden Mop lies here! This site provides a complete graphical walkthrough for Space Quest: The Sarien Encounter.)